iPhone 7 Series Said to Have 32GB, 128GB, and 256GB Storage

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
But you would soon have 256 gb filled. Then what? Storage management makes it workable. There's nothing wrong with using photo storage apps like Box and Dropbox. It's not like you can't see them on the phone, because you can. Just not in the camera roll.

512gb??...LOL

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had Dingle Berries in the past with SD cards. I hated having to manage them. (Also out of the countless devices I've had with replaceable batteries , I never once bought a replacement battery.) When I tried Android, I went with an HTC M7. When iPhone 6 series came out 6+ 64 Gig. Loading all my music, or most videos on the device would be overwhelming. Besides if there is something I want and don't have, it's simple enough to remote in to my NAS drive.

A question I asked and have not really gotten a response to is "What difference does the amount of storage on the entry level make ? Yes, for me 16 Gig is too little, but I buy the one that has the storage I need/want.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Personally I think they should drop the 16 and 32 all together and make the base 64 then go to 128 and 256. There is no way I could deal with a 16gb device, not without taking serious care to keep storage open. The he 32gb would be workable. My 5s was 32 and didn't have any issues. Then, that also had only an 8mp camera and no 4K or 240 fps recording rate. Even if the 6s Plus had a 32 option, I would have opted for the 64 that I have now. It's really nice to be able to download apps and games and take pictures and high frame rate video (720p60) without having to consider storage for quite a while.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Exactly this. I do understand that some do/ have storage in other places, but I like to keep everything on my iPhone. Out 128gb I have approx 25gb left, so I'm looking at 256gb for my next iPhone. For me there is no such thing as to much storage..."it's better to have and not need than to need and not have"

Indeed There's no such thing as too much

But you would soon have 256 gb filled. Then what? Storage management makes it workable. There's nothing wrong with using photo storage apps like Box and Dropbox. It's not like you can't see them on the phone, because you can. Just not in the camera roll.

It's not really the pics I care about having on hand, it's my music and videos. I'm on a plane every 3-4 days, so having my music, movies & books at my fingertips is a must. I don't have time to download different playlists and things each time I travel & I'm not sure that would help because I usually don't know what I want to listen to, watch or read until I get on the plane. I'm a woman constantly on the go, so having a ton of storage on my iPhone is definitely a must.

512gb??...LOL

Oh happy day

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

It's not really the pics I care about having on hand, it's my music and videos. I'm on a plane every 3-4 days, so having my music, movies & books at my fingertips is a must. I don't have time to download different playlists and things each time I travel & I'm not sure that would help because I usually don't know what I want to listen to, watch or read until I get on the plane. I'm a woman constantly on the go, so having a ton of storage on my iPhone is definitely a must.

Oh happy day

I TOTALLY agree with this post .

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Oh happy day

Yeah, if you need a lot of music and other media, then you need more space.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not in marketing but it totally makes sense from a marketing standpoint. ;)

Largest option: Like a lot of people, I always get the largest capacity available just because you can never have too much storage since you cannot add afterwards and yes, I do use a lot of my storage (and would not want to consistently have to get rid of stuff like I do on my MacBook Air with the largest storage available at the time). I currently have the 128gb and am just at 97.7gb so obviously the middle option 64gb would have been too small for me.

Middle option: BUT, the current 64 *is* enough for the majority of iPhone users who do keep a normal amount of photos, videos, music, etc., on their personal phone.

Basic option: Then of course, there are the gazillion businesses that buy iPhones for corporate-only use -- and those would most likely be basic models with enough storage for some media for work purposes (depending on the industry, of course) with no need for space for movies, music, etc. There are also some people who still actually use their phone just as a phone. For example, my older relatives have iPhones just for emergencies. So, the first tier phone (currently 16gb) is fine for this group.

For this 7 series, of course storage capacity should get bumped up a notch. And I'm guessing the idea behind the marketing: they offer the basic option (32), middle (128) and top (256) because if they start at 64 as the basic model, everyone in groups one and two will all buy the lowest-priced basic option and the basic group just scored a whole lot of unnecessary extra storage. Apple would rather have that extra $100 or so dollars from the majority of users who would be fine with 64gb but now they are getting double the storage so they're counting on an easier decision on the buyer's part to choose the bigger capacity and pay the extra money.

That said, I am really hoping they do the 256! It will be tougher to back up my phone to my MacBook Air, but I'll just have to get a bigger one soon! ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2