Can I connect both a mic (with 3.5mm connector) and earphones (with 3.5mm connector) to an iPhone 7 at the same time? Actually, it's not a mic that I'd like to connect, but rather my guitar. But it's really the same thing - it might as well be a mic. You get cables like these:

Connect audio input and output to iPhone 7 at the same time-y_spillter_2._3-5mm-stereo-jack-male-y-splitter-audio-microphone-female-cable.jpg

That have both a mic input and an audio output, but obviously, it would need to have a lightning connector at the end, seeing as the iPhone 7 doesn't have a 3.5mm input. Is there such a cable? Or, alternatively, if I were to connect the above cable to the 3.5mm to lightning adaptor, would it work?

Thanks
    07-09-2018 03:20 PM
    I'm not sure if this would work. Does that cable you pictured support that type of function? To get it to connect with an iPhone 7 or later (without 3.5 jack), you just need the adapter that came with your device.....

Apple charges (reasonable for THEM) 9 dollars for a replacement adapter...

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...apter?fnode=97

Or you can get one on Amazon.....

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...mUvbUpU3074111
    07-09-2018 04:45 PM
    Can I connect both a mic (with 3.5mm connector) and earphones (with 3.5mm connector) to an iPhone 7 at the same time? Actually, it's not a mic that I'd like to connect, but rather my guitar. But it's really the same thing - it might as well be a mic. You get cables like these:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	y_spillter_2._3-5mm-stereo-jack-male-y-splitter-audio-microphone-female-cable.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	123486

That have both a mic input and an audio output, but obviously, it would need to have a lightning connector at the end, seeing as the iPhone 7 doesn't have a 3.5mm input. Is there such a cable? Or, alternatively, if I were to connect the above cable to the 3.5mm to lightning adaptor, would it work?

Thanks
    That cable, in conjunction with a lightning adapter, would work in regard to listening to audio. I’m not sure the mic would work though.
    07-09-2018 05:52 PM