Connect audio input and output to iPhone 7 at the same time

f_a_rodriguez

Jul 9, 2018
Visit site
Can I connect both a mic (with 3.5mm connector) and earphones (with 3.5mm connector) to an iPhone 7 at the same time? Actually, it's not a mic that I'd like to connect, but rather my guitar. But it's really the same thing - it might as well be a mic. You get cables like these:

y_spillter_2._3-5mm-stereo-jack-male-y-splitter-audio-microphone-female-cable.jpg

That have both a mic input and an audio output, but obviously, it would need to have a lightning connector at the end, seeing as the iPhone 7 doesn't have a 3.5mm input. Is there such a cable? Or, alternatively, if I were to connect the above cable to the 3.5mm to lightning adaptor, would it work?

Thanks

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can I connect both a mic (with 3.5mm connector) and earphones (with 3.5mm connector) to an iPhone 7 at the same time? Actually, it's not a mic that I'd like to connect, but rather my guitar. But it's really the same thing - it might as well be a mic. You get cables like these:

View attachment 123486

That have both a mic input and an audio output, but obviously, it would need to have a lightning connector at the end, seeing as the iPhone 7 doesn't have a 3.5mm input. Is there such a cable? Or, alternatively, if I were to connect the above cable to the 3.5mm to lightning adaptor, would it work?

Thanks

That cable, in conjunction with a lightning adapter, would work in regard to listening to audio. I’m not sure the mic would work though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen