Battery Widget

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
On my 6s plus, I have a widget for battery in the notification section. This phone is running 11.2.1. I have an Otterbox case on this phone.

On my 7 plus, I don't have the widget or that option to add battery as a widget in the notification section. This phone is running 11.2.2.

Is the issue a phone related issue or iOS related issue?

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I updated the 6s plus to 11.2.2 and I still have the battery widget. I don't know if it is device related or iOS related. I have an iPad Mini 2 running 11.2.2 and I don't have the battery widget on this device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The widget only shows the battery info if you have something else connected, like Bluetooth headset. You should see the battery widget option there somewhere though.
Like this:
596d913b9aff081e7e8c210966708a2f.jpg

It shows on this on mine, but the widget does not show because I don't have anything else connected. There are 3rd party battery apps you can use.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I disagree with you. On my 6s Plus, I don't have any BT devices connected to it and I am not interested in using any 3rd party apps. On this phone, it shows up as a widget as you show in the example. I have never connected any BT headphones to the 6s Plus. I will try and connect BT headphones to my 7 plus to see if it works.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I disagree with you. On my 6s Plus, I don't have any BT devices connected to it and I am not interested in using any 3rd party apps. On this phone, it shows up as a widget as you show in the example. I have never connected any BT headphones to the 6s Plus. I will try and connect BT headphones to my 7 plus to see if it works.
Do you actually see the battery stats on the 6s Plus? Or just in the list of options? Wait, you're right. I'm on iOS 10.1.1, and on it something else has to be connected. Just checked my Wife's iPhone 7, and it's like you say. Not sure why your 7 Plus doesn't show it. Might try Reset All Settings.

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I tried the "reset all settings" and there is no change. There is no widget for the battery. Why is there a widget for the battery on the 6s Plus but nothing for 7 Plus? There is NO option to add the battery as a widget. I will try and pair a BT headphones to the 7 Plus to see if that changes anything but I doubt it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried the "reset all settings" and there is no change. There is no widget for the battery. Why is there a widget for the battery on the 6s Plus but nothing for 7 Plus? There is NO option to add the battery as a widget. I will try and pair a BT headphones to the 7 Plus to see if that changes anything but I doubt it.

Do you have the battery % indicator on in the status bar for the 7 Plus? Someone suggested that might need to be on.

facecard

May 16, 2017
Visit site
No, I don't use a battery % indicator on either of my phones. In fact, I don't use Low Power mode either. I even took a pair of BT headphones and connected them to my 7 Plus and that didn't resolve the issue. I am at a loss for ideas. My question is this, why does it appear on certain phones but not on iPads or other devices?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, I don't use a battery % indicator on either of my phones. In fact, I don't use Low Power mode either. I even took a pair of BT headphones and connected them to my 7 Plus and that didn't resolve the issue. I am at a loss for ideas. My question is this, why does it appear on certain phones but not on iPads or other devices?

I don't have an iPad. Maybe that feature wasn't put on iPads. Don't know. Maybe someone with an iPad will chime in.

A lot of what I read online says the pencil needs to be paired for the battery widget to show. Don't know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2