It would have to be free to get me to use one.
    05-03-2017 01:30 AM
    It would have to be free to get me to use one.
    That is the idea.
    05-03-2017 05:19 AM
    That is the idea.
    Yep.

The things that once irritated me about iOS have mostly disappeared. Still, I crave control, which is why I use Android as daily driver.

For now. I still use iOS a lot.
    knotsure likes this.
    05-03-2017 06:48 AM
    The things that once irritated me about iOS have mostly disappeared.
    This statement could not be truer for me. I loved the initial release of iOS on 3G (for us in Canada) but as time passed and both Android/WP evolved, iOS seemed to hang tight and careful. With iOS10, i've seen huge improvements and miss little from Android, i got my fingers crossed iOS11 marks a huge step forward with the new hardware design.
    05-03-2017 08:46 AM
    I had the galaxy note 5 test drive for 30 days then had to return it. Guess that is why I got the invite for the galaxy s8??? Didn't know don't really care.
    Yeah I did the test 30 day test drive that same year for s6 edge plus. That's how I got in.
    knotsure likes this.
    05-03-2017 02:37 PM
    I'd switch to Android in a heartbeat but having my iMessages on my iPad and Mac is cool. But is it enough to keep me with Team iOS? Not really! TBH I'm holding out for the Note 8.
    05-03-2017 02:45 PM
    If there was something as close to iMessage and parental controls (2boys have iPhones) on android I would switch
    TheRandomDealio likes this.
    05-03-2017 03:23 PM
    I'd switch to Android in a heartbeat but having my iMessages on my iPad and Mac is cool. But is it enough to keep me with Team iOS? Not really! TBH I'm holding out for the Note 8.
    I respect that. iMessage by itself is not enough to keep me on iOS either. Although it is certainly a factor with all my family being iOS users. It is everything else about iOS that is keeping me around this time. I really appreciate the software more than I ever have. I truly didn't think I'd ever say that. I like so many things about android, but iOS just does what I need it to do better than android right now.
    chezm likes this.
    05-03-2017 04:30 PM
    I respect that. iMessage by itself is not enough to keep me on iOS either. Although it is certainly a factor with all my family being iOS users. It is everything else about iOS that is keeping me around this time. I really appreciate the software more than I ever have. I truly didn't think I'd ever say that. I like so many things about android, but iOS just does what I need it to do better than android right now.
    Everything I do is Google based, be it my contacts, calendar, pictures, and certain files, and it is much more seamless with Android. But I love that I can message people back from my Mac without having to pick up my phone. I could have done the same with Android on Verizon with Verizon Messages, but I'm on at&t now.
    05-03-2017 04:46 PM
    I honestly love the way everything with Apple just flows. The conversation can go from iPhone to iPad to Mac and back seamlessly. It just works.

I like Android's openness, but it can be frustrating at time. I would pick the 7Plus.
    chezm likes this.
    05-03-2017 05:14 PM
    Everything I do is Google based, be it my contacts, calendar, pictures, and certain files, and it is much more seamless with Android. But I love that I can message people back from my Mac without having to pick up my phone. I could have done the same with Android on Verizon with Verizon Messages, but I'm on at&t now.
    Recently coming from android, I do miss the google now integration and maps. I am wondering if Siri will learn as much about my interests as google assistant(google now)...I'm doubtful.

And even with that, and the fact that I cannot add heroic feedback when I type, I still prefer iOS right now. The messaging integration of iMessage and ecosystem is very solid, the software runs (so far) without issues, no stutters, seamless optimization.

I give kudos to google as their own ecosystem is pretty awesome, and thankfully I'm not removed (completely) from it on iPhone. I tried google now but it just eats the battery, no thanks...but I'm using gmail, google+ and photos for backup. And I do miss google maps on android auto (although Apple maps is working pretty good so far).
    05-03-2017 07:10 PM
    Yeah. I'm all google based as well. Contacts, calendar, pictures and google drive. That's my biggest issue with Apple. I don't like iCloud except for backing up certain app data and my set up. I actually prefer many of the google apps on iOS oddly enough.
    chezm likes this.
    05-03-2017 07:12 PM
    Yeah. I'm all google based as well. Contacts, calendar, pictures and google drive. That's my biggest issue with Apple. I don't like iCloud except for backing up certain app data and my set up. I actually prefer many of the google apps on iOS oddly enough.
    +1

I have no interest to use iCloud. I'm using google photos to backup pictures. I'll use it to backup phone and app data but that's it.

Question: do I still need to plug my phone into iTunes and back it up (like we used to) or does the current iCloud backup everything?
    cwbcpa likes this.
    05-03-2017 07:16 PM
    Recently coming from android, I do miss the google now integration and maps. I am wondering if Siri will learn as much about my interests as google assistant(google now)...I'm doubtful.

And even with that, and the fact that I cannot add heroic feedback when I type, I still prefer iOS right now. The messaging integration of iMessage and ecosystem is very solid, the software runs (so far) without issues, no stutters, seamless optimization.

I give kudos to google as their own ecosystem is pretty awesome, and thankfully I'm not removed (completely) from it on iPhone. I tried google now but it just eats the battery, no thanks...but I'm using gmail, google+ and photos for backup. And I do miss google maps on android auto (although Apple maps is working pretty good so far).
    I use Google Maps and Google Now so frequently that I forgot to list them. I'm not too fond of Google Assistant though, but I'm liking it more and more.
    chezm likes this.
    05-03-2017 07:20 PM
    I only use iCloud to back my phone up. Other than that I don't use any of the features like contacts or calendar. You're right, the Google apps on iOS aren't too bad.
    05-03-2017 07:22 PM
    +1

I have no interest to use iCloud. I'm using google photos to backup pictures. I'll use it to backup phone and app data but that's it.

Question: do I still need to plug my phone into iTunes and back it up (like we used to) or does the current iCloud backup everything?
    iCloud will up to 5GB. Unless you buy more storage.
    05-03-2017 07:22 PM
    I only use iCloud to back my phone up. Other than that I don't use any of the features like contacts or calendar. You're right, the Google apps on iOS aren't too bad.
    Same here, but I really think the Google apps are very good on iOS. I figure having the iPhone gives me the best of worlds. I do miss true google now/google assistant integration though. Siri is not very good at all in comparison. I'm hoping that's one of the improvements coming with iOS 11.
    05-03-2017 07:52 PM
    Same here, but I really think the Google apps are very good on iOS. I figure having the iPhone gives me the best of worlds. I do miss true google now/google assistant integration though. Siri is not very good at all in comparison. I'm hoping that's one of the improvements coming with iOS 11.
    My biggest complaint with iOS is that I can't set Google Maps as my default. On Android I can set Google Maps, Waze, or any other app to open up when I click an address. I live by Google Maps. I'm picky, I know.
    chezm likes this.
    05-03-2017 09:17 PM
    My biggest complaint with iOS is that I can't set Google Maps as my default. On Android I can set Google Maps, Waze, or any other app to open up when I click an address. I live by Google Maps. I'm picky, I know.
    I prefer google maps as well but Apple maps is vastly improved from where it started so I use it most of the time. I'm learning to be less picky I guess. Lol. I used to fight everything on iOS and that's the main reason why I'd end up switching back to android. Then I'd miss iOS and switch back. It was a viscous circle. I'm trying to put an end to it.
    chezm likes this.
    05-03-2017 09:30 PM
    I have used both Apple and Android the Samsung s8 looks like a good phone but I will stick with Apple.
    chezm likes this.
    05-03-2017 09:54 PM
    I prefer google maps as well but Apple maps is vastly improved from where it started so I use it most of the time. I'm learning to be less picky I guess. Lol. I used to fight everything on iOS and that's the main reason why I'd end up switching back to android. Then I'd miss iOS and switch back. It was a viscous circle. I'm trying to put an end to it.
    I've not used Apple Maps in years admittedly. But I hear you about the viscous circle!
    chezm likes this.
    05-03-2017 10:29 PM
    If there was something as close to iMessage and parental controls (2boys have iPhones) on android I would switch
    I feel like iOS is more family friendly. From restrictions to Family Sharing to Find My Friends/ iPhone. My husband, 17 year old and I all have iPhones. My 14 year old has an iPod. My 4 year old has an Android tablet. Guess which device drives me insane...
    Google has Family library now but it isn't as user friendly as Apple's Family Sharing. At least to me. I have to use a restricted profile on the tablet and it isn't the best way to do things when it comes to sharing apps. Especially paid apps. But I can't even attempt to use Google's Family Link as our devices are not running the required version of Android. Because...updates. ~eyeroll~

I've used Samsung devices in the past. Lovely hardware. Sucky software. Not a fan of TouchWiz. Not a fan of bloatware or lack of OS updates. I shouldn't have to root my device to make it work the way that it should. The things I thought I would miss about Android...honestly having annoyed me that much.

I'm also finding that for me...I prefer my fingerprint sensor right where it is on my iPhone 7 Plus. I don't want it on the back of my device.
    Robert90221 likes this.
    05-03-2017 11:02 PM
    Android would have to up its game in the battery department. My 7 Plus lasts far longer despite those tests which always seem to make it closer than real world use. Last phones for me were Note 5, 6 Plus, Note 3. And all Android before that. I don't get this business about trying to beat each other in the slimness war if it means compromising juice. They're slim enough already.
    05-03-2017 11:11 PM
    I've not used Apple Maps in years admittedly. But I hear you about the viscous circle!
    I was also worried at first but it actually has improved since I last used it which was also a very long time ago. Try it.
    05-03-2017 11:15 PM
    Samsung need to release in Q1 because they know Apple are bringing heat this year. Also I'm still not sold on the curved screen. I have a feeling it'll go the same way as curved TV screens.
    Robert90221 likes this.
    05-04-2017 12:01 AM
426 ... 34567 ...