new to apple - how to add pictured from my android

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So i've googled and it says to just transfer pictures via usb cord

i tried moving pictures from sd in my pc to iphone, i tried connecting both devices to the pc, even tried to send the pictures via bluetooth. how in the world do i get my old pictures from my android/sdcard to the iphone?

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Are your pictures backed up to google photos. If so you could download the google photos app on your iPhone and access them that way. You could even down them to your iPhone if you wanted

Another way is to import your photos to iTunes and then transfer them over to the iPhone. You can do it over wifi but if you have a lot it would be better to connect you iPhone to your computer.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Are your pictures backed up to google photos. If so you could download the google photos app on your iPhone and access them that way. You could even down them to your iPhone if you wanted

Another way is to import your photos to iTunes and then transfer them over to the iPhone. You can do it over wifi but if you have a lot it would be better to connect you iPhone to your computer.

No i dont, i dont like uploading my pictures to clouds, i just have it on an sd card. Theres no way to do it without cloud services?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
When you're first setting up the phone you can select the Android option and select your photos on your SD card. I did this when I transferred from my Note 7. It's done over wifi.

I also hate sending my photos off into a cloud somewhere.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When you're first setting up the phone you can select the Android option and select your photos on your SD card. I did this when I transferred from my Note 7. It's done over wifi.

I also hate sending my photos off into a cloud somewhere.

OH! THE SPRINT REP set uo the phone and clicked through everything hate when they do that. ugh does this mean i'll have to reset the iphone to get that option?

ericrangel76

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
OH! THE SPRINT REP set uo the phone and clicked through everything hate when they do that. ugh does this mean i'll have to reset the iphone to get that option?

You would have to reset your device. It's the only way to do it. Download the Move to iOS app from the Google Play Store. It will transfer everything from your Android phone. The easiest way is to use the Google photos app. You shouldn't worry about using that app. It is very secure. I used it on most of my Android phones and I'm still using it on my iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When my wife upgraded from a little LG to the iPhone, I could find no way to transfer her photos. So I emailed them 20 photos per email. But she only had about 400 photos. It worked though. Lol

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Yes, you'd have to reset your phone and have a little bit of time. For an anti-Clouder it's the only way I'd get my 1000+ pics. I'm a hoarder and have a problem.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When my wife upgraded from a little LG to the iPhone, I could find no way to transfer her photos. So I emailed them 20 photos per email. But she only had about 400 photos. It worked though. Lol

OMG 400 LOL. i never have that many photos, every month or so i move all my photos to an 2TB external hard drive for safe keeping. but i did email myself a few pictures when i was in a rush. Wish it was a simpler way. ESPECIALLY simplier then having to start all over again on a phone im still getting my barrings on.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OMG 400 LOL. i never have that many photos, every month or so i move all my photos to an 2TB external hard drive for safe keeping. but i did email myself a few pictures when i was in a rush. Wish it was a simpler way. ESPECIALLY simplier then having to start all over again on a phone im still getting my barrings on.
If you don't have many photos, email is pretty simple. You can mark up to 20 to send per email for normal size photos.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2