iPhone Users: Tell Me Why I Should Switch to iPhone

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
For me, Android is all about the bells and whistles but zero consistency. I need a device I can rely on with an OS that won't drop the ball on me. Since IOS8, Apple has never let me down.

livstout

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I think you should switch to iPhone because it's very easy to use, and not confusing. Also Apple has frequent updates and they're super easy and simple to do, it won't cause stress. Apple also has great security meaning there won't be any bugs or defects. And don't worry, with Apple, you'll have your privacy. Last but not least, Apple has been trying to make the transition from non-Apple to Apple as easy as possible. And trust me, it's very easy.

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I love the integration across devices, smooth operating system, and consistent updates-even for older devices.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
iTunes and iMessage, that is if you have a Mac, are the main reasons. Google's backup services suck, I don't care what you say. I've had about 3 or 4 different Android phones and a Nexus 7, and it sucks, pure and simple. It's awful.

Google hasn't got a CLUE how to do messaging. NOT A CLUE. NOT A CLUE. If you want some tiny stupid robots to play with on the ping pong table, Google is good. But if you want something that does 1 tenth of one percent what iMessage can do, you are SOL. Up that river without a paddle.

iTunes. Backups and restores are as simple as a button click. EVERYTHING gets backed up, the app locations, passwords, everything. And I mean everything. And when you buy a movie or something from iTunes, you own a downloaded copy. Google provides nothing like this.

Oh, and you get updates. I got a 100 that says an iPhone 5c will get iOS 11. The 5c is what now, 4 years old?

The only thing I miss on Android are the twitter and reddit clients. Every one of them is vastly superior to anything on iOS. You gotta admit, Flamingo is virtually unbeatable in the twitter client world. I wish that was on iOS.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It's simple - iPhone just works. It really does. Great hardware, great software, quality apps. Personally, I love the iPhone and the whole ecosystem. I think you get the whole package when you have an iPhone.

ak_r7

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Stable, matured OS, no app crashes, reliable battery, super awesome camera and excellent support from apple are a few things on the top of my mind.

I have both Android -personal (One plus 3) and Iphone - work ( iphone6).
Battery drains faster on OP3 ( charges super fast with dash charge :biggrin:) but iphone's battery is dependable.
Apps run smoothly on iphone, call quality is great...
It all comes down to your personal choice- what do you want/need.

You cannot go wrong with iphone :yes:

Dudemaster12

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
I have to agree with what others have been saying. The hardware is the best of any phone I have every had. I have switched between iOS and android a few times just to make sure I am still with the right phone, and I won't switch back to android now. I have had too many android phones with faulty hardware, and they just get so bogged down so quickly. Of the various iPhones I have had, none of them have had these problems.

Piyushs7

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
iPhones are generally faster compared to android phones. even the older models(not too old). And app switching is a breeze compared to android phones. iOS is slowly gearing towards customisation. Apps designed for iOS are far better compared to android even Google apps. Google has a number of apps which are present on iOS but not android(talk about supporting its own software !) If you are fan of games, then iOS handles them way better than android. I have both an iPhone 6 and Samsung S6, and overall if i had to select i would go for the iPhone 6, but the camera software in iOS is slowly matching upto the iOS .
If you were to choose between iPhone 7 and Pixel, then it would be tough call, but i would go with iPhone 7. Hope it helps.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
iTunes and iMessage, that is if you have a Mac, are the main reasons. Google's backup services suck, I don't care what you say. I've had about 3 or 4 different Android phones and a Nexus 7, and it sucks, pure and simple. It's awful.

Google hasn't got a CLUE how to do messaging. NOT A CLUE. NOT A CLUE. If you want some tiny stupid robots to play with on the ping pong table, Google is good. But if you want something that does 1 tenth of one percent what iMessage can do, you are SOL. Up that river without a paddle.

iTunes. Backups and restores are as simple as a button click. EVERYTHING gets backed up, the app locations, passwords, everything. And I mean everything. And when you buy a movie or something from iTunes, you own a downloaded copy. Google provides nothing like this.

Oh, and you get updates. I got a 100 that says an iPhone 5c will get iOS 11. The 5c is what now, 4 years old?

The only thing I miss on Android are the twitter and reddit clients. Every one of them is vastly superior to anything on iOS. You gotta admit, Flamingo is virtually unbeatable in the twitter client world. I wish that was on iOS.

Regarding twitter clients have you tired Tweetbot? I think it's one of the best on iOS.

niharikasarma

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I'll be the first to admit that when it comes to phones, I'm not tech savvy. I chose not to buy a phone until I was eighteen, so I was way behind compared to other people my age. The first phone I bought was an Android one, and for one year I used it like a phone and nothing else. I didn't know how to use the majority of the functions of the phone, and after that I got an iPhone 6 Plus. I've been using that without any problems, and using it to the full extent. Apple iOS, for me, is much simpler to use. Android probably has most, if not all, of the functions of the iPhone, but Android phones for me are harder to understand.

Also, I love the build of the iPhone. Yeah, half of the people I know use iPhones with broken displays. I dropped my iPhone from a height of eight feet, the display broke, but the phone worked perfectly. All I needed was to get the display fixed. I love that they're so sturdy.

Third thing, I prefer the displays on Apple products compared to their Android or PC counterparts. Always have. The specs might be less on an iPhone, but that's misleading because whatever iPhone you buy the display quality is always awesome (from my experience).

Camera-wise, Android offers way more options and often a much higher megapixel. But iPhone has a good camera and definitely meets most of the demands most people have for their phone cameras.

For me, the biggest issue is the cost. In the US, I understand you can get a carrier-plan and the phone together which reduces the cost. It's not the same in India. We have to buy the phone outright, that's usually upwards of $500. Pricey. Considering, though, how well the iPhone has worked for me, I would say it's definitely worth the cost.

knoxDavid

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I started with just an iPhone (3G) years ago and liked more than any other phone I had before. But with that said there is some great Android phones out there. The deciding factor for me was the entire Apple ecosystem. You get regular updates (security & functional) without being at the mercy of your carrier. The Android phone companies really don't make more money from you unless you get a new phone so they are not motivated to push updates through the carriers. Apple seems to want you to love the experience of having the iPhone (so that you will buy more latter of course). But they are taking the long view. They sell you an iPhone and maybe you will like it and the service so much you decide to get an iPad or a MacBook. You will find that all the Apple products work well alone but have a synergy when working together that cannot be matched by any other vendor. Now we have four iPhones (my wife loved mine so much she had to get one) and my two girls have our old iPhones. We also have an Apple TV, iPad, and two MacBook Pros. I highly recommend the iPhone for the quality of the device and the support you can get from Apple.

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
The camera on the 7+ is one reason. It takes incredible low light photos and the new bokeh feature is awesome. The seamless integration of iOS with the hardware is another. The thing just works! They're also the best looking phones on the market!

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
One thing I miss from BlackBerry and Android was the Hub. The email apps on the App Store don't come close to the Hub. IMO

All other aspects and functions of Apple and iOs are great and top notch compared to anything else. Not regretting my switch from Android to iPhone at all.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not an Apple salesman, I have no dog in this fight. In the grand scheme of things it really makes no difference what cellphone you use. Be an adult and decide for yourself ...

There is always one of you. Someone looking for reasons to switch and you say, Make up your own mind. BRILLIANT!!! JUST BRILLIANT I SAY!! lol

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
If you need a total stranger to tell you what you want in a cellphone, then you're too dumb to figure out how to use the thing.

He didnt ask anyone to tell us what he wants. He wrote "However, I'd like to hear first hand from you guys the biggest reasons you use an iPhone over any other device. Perhaps give me a few main features that you love on iOS that may work better than another platform?" Sometimes you run into people who are to dumb to read. LOL.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I think the first answers are pretty good, but in fact there is no reason for you to change, it's simply if it fits you, it's for you.

Maybe you want something to do some basic stuff and don't want to set up a single thing, maybe you like to customize everything.

It's like saying a Ferrari is the best for you and your house is in a rocky mountain without roads and crossing two rivers, you will actually enjoy more having a truck.

If you can, try it first and see how easy or hard the change is and then decide.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
He didnt ask anyone to tell us what he wants. He wrote "However, I'd like to hear first hand from you guys the biggest reasons you use an iPhone over any other device. Perhaps give me a few main features that you love on iOS that may work better than another platform?" Sometimes you run into people who are to dumb to read. LOL.

To be fair, the thread question asks, "Tell me why I should switch to iPhone?" I'm one of those people who will advise the person asking a question like that to decide for themselves because all I can do is tell him or her why "I" like using the iPhone. Yet, that doesn't mean he or she will appreciate the device in the same manner as I do and therefore, he or she should go to an Apple Store, Best Buy, a Wireless Carrier Store, etc., handle the iPhone for a bit and then decide for him or herself. That is about as logical of an answer one can give, in my opinion.