Why in the world is there no call reject button when the screen is off?

XyThe Guy

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I believe you might be able to set a setting where if you flip your phone and the screen faces the table or something, it'll reject the call. I had a Galaxy Note 5 for a while and that did the trick for me. Apple should implement that idea if they already haven't.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so is this a iPhone 6 and beyond thing? If my 5s is 'asleep' and I get a call, it wakes up and shows me who's calling. I can then accept, reject, or send or let it go to voice mail. Newer phones behave differently?

And why do you need to reject a call when you don't know who's calling? Is there a need to be a **** about not taking someone's call and letting them know you're rejecting it? Some kind of passive/aggressive ploy?

My Watch functions the same way as my 5s. A call comes in, I see who it is, and can act accordingly. Also covering it with my palm mutes it (except I keep it on Silent) and the phone and I can let the call time out.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The call reject button is the power button. This is especially convenient if your phone is in your pocket and you need to reject a call; a reject call button on your screen would have you to take out your phone from your pocket and tapping the reject button on the screen whereas in the current situation you can easily double press the power button and reject a call.
So forgive me if I don't see a reason for a button on screen.

Last edited:

kirankannan8

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Yesss! True! I had the same thoughts when I first received a call on my iPhone! It's a much needed feature that Apple should have implemented long back :(

Great 0ffender

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Since iPhone has never had the option its users aren't missing it nor do they understand the need for it. On my Android(s) I had had the option to either reject it on the screen or use the power button to do the same. Somehow it is much easier to look at the call screen and reject it from there because it already has my attention rather than using the power button. Again, lack of choice has left users wondering "why?".

Shukla_RS

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Since iPhone has never had the option its users aren't missing it nor do they understand the need for it. On my Android(s) I had had the option to either reject it on the screen or use the power button to do the same. Somehow it is much easier to look at the call screen and reject it from there because it already has my attention rather than using the power button. Again, lack of choice has left users wondering "why?".

Thats the frustration i share after switching to iOS. Lotsa things-basic-which are missing in apple phones....and the only explaination one gets is -why do you need it!

I need a call reject button on screen coz it is easier than trying to google up a solution to reject calls. I need the ability to edit a word or a number by placing the cursor anywhere i want, and not by deleting the whole thing!
I want my notifications to be clubbed the way android does it....i dont want to have sandboxed stores for each app that forces me to delete the same image twice - once in the photos app and then also in the native app :(

There's this thing called swype keyboards...i need those to type faster. True i can live without these features. ..but then other phones have been offering such features fir haig a decade now. My only question is-why can't apple offer these too? One can also turn them off if one doesn't need them. It's better than not having then at all. It's been two months since i switched to iPhone...and i still keep getting back to my galaxy for routine work. They speaks volumes about the friendliness of iOS for a new convert!

Soreloser

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I need the ability to edit a word or a number by placing the cursor anywhere i want, and not by deleting the whole thing!
If you press the screen and hold on the word you want to correct it will pop up what looks like a magnified bubble that you can place the cursor exactly where you want it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2