iPhone 7 Plus freezing / locking up

blackcats

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Two different units, one with iOS 10.03 and the other with 10.1. Both freeze occasionally--sometimes more than once per day, sometimes once every day or so. Unresponsive to home button, screen tapping, anything but resetting by means of pressing power button along with down volume button. No consistency in freezing--no single app or action seems to be at fault.

Both 256 GB iPhone 7 Plus units.

I wonder whether we're dealing with a hardware issue or iOS issue.

Please report your iphone lockup/freeze experiences.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I am a newbie here but could it be an app that is causing your issue, being that it is not widely mentioned here and it is happening on two phones?

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
We both have 7+ 256gb, my wife's iPhone froze like that a few times over the past month but I've never had this issue. Both T-Mobile .

biscuit141

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I have experienced some freezing and lagging. Just tonight my screen was dark but still on like it was about to shut off into lock mode but it never did. Touching the screen and pressing the home button did nothing. I had to press the power button which shut off the screen then when I pressed the home button to unlock all was well. I will also notice that I tap an icon to open and the icon animates, proving I touched the icon, but the app doesn't open unless I hit it a second time. I'm wondering if it's hardware or software related. iPhone 7 plus 128gb AT&T. Current iOS 10.1.1 just upgraded today and I keep all my apps up to date also.

boogas8

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine likes to freeze also. Usually 2-3 times a day. I'll be doing something and it will freezes. I then need to lock and unlock before it will work. I have always been using the latest iOS. This has been happening for about a month

I'm using a matte black 128gb on Verizon.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77