Anyone using their phone without a screen protector?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I used my iPhone today without screen protector. I hated it. Tomorrow
I'll hop by the Apple Store to have another placed on it. My previous one had a chip in it and my OCD made me remove it

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Over the years, I've tried quite a few screen protectors, and except for Zagg, I felt they reduced sensitivity of manipulating the screen...

604ac

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I've used screen protectors in the past. The prices for the "good ones" are ridiculous: $40+ for a tempered glass version. They use to be $20-25. Going bare screen as my case wraps around the front of my 6S nicely.

WanShark69

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've used screen protectors in the past. The prices for the "good ones" are ridiculous: $40+ for a tempered glass version. They use to be $20-25. Going bare screen as my case wraps around the front of my 6S nicely.

I bought mine from AliExpress for like US$5 or lesser and get thim shipped to singapore. Bought about 4 or 5 so i dont have to keep ordering if one cracks. $40 is ridiculous really. I Can buy 10 and still sell the remaining ones to cover my costs . Tempered glass is a must for me

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I believe I have now officially used every tempered glass screen protector known to man on my iPhones since my 6...and NONE of them stay stuck around the edges. They all either give the dreaded "halo effect" or chip around the edge for no apparent reason. I even went through two of the fancy (and very expensive) new ZAGG Sapphire Defense protectors...and they are no better. So...having peeled the last one off in disgust, I am now rocking a naked screen. Bah!

And, I finally figured that if I drop the phone and damage the screen I can replace the whole phone through AC+ for $99 anyway.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't own an iPhone 7 Plus, but I have the iPhone 6s. I never used a screen protector on it until recently, when I discovered a very fine, tiny scratch on my screen. It was so minor, I probably could have been find without the screen protector, but I'm really OCD about stuff like that. I got a three pack of cheap tempered glass screen protectors. But up until recently, it's been years since I ever used a screen protector on a phone (last time was on my iPhone 4 for a very short time in 2011).

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I believe I have now officially used every tempered glass screen protector known to man on my iPhones since my 6...and NONE of them stay stuck around the edges. They all either give the dreaded "halo effect" or chip around the edge for no apparent reason. I even went through two of the fancy (and very expensive) new ZAGG Sapphire Defense protectors...and they are no better. So...having peeled the last one off in disgust, I am now rocking a naked screen. Bah!

And, I finally figured that if I drop the phone and damage the screen I can replace the whole phone through AC+ for $99 anyway.

Screen replacement under AppleCare+ is now only $29 (at least in the USA).

604ac

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Phantom Glass is the best. I had it on my Android for 2 years with not a mark or any lifting on the edges. My daughter has it on her SE. No issues either. The way the 6 and 6S screen is made it doesn't adhere well.

Going bare, for now.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

The Belkin sold and installed at the Apple Store won't have that halo effect.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Anytime I go without a screen protector, I get light scratching in the oleophobic coating. It never fails. So I use glass screen protectors.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
This phone is new to me. I had an Otterbox defender on my old Blackberry and I hated the built in screen protector. I found that since I knew the screen protector was there, I was much more careless than I had ever been in the past with my phone. I threw it in my purse or pocket and scratched the screen protector. Previous to my last phone, I never used a case either, just a holster and I would always put the phone back in the holster.

So, I have not yet put a screen protector on my 7+ but I have an Otterbox Statement case which does have a lip that covers the edge of the screen and I am using a holster (making sure to always put the phone back in the holster when I'm not using or carrying it.

I had Apple Care on my iPad Air and never used it. I also have it on my 7+ and hope to never have to use it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711