Anyone using their phone without a screen protector?

KelseyRo4

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I never use screen protectors. Takes away from the whole feel of the phone. I don't need it to look brand new for T-Mobile when I trade it in. Even though it usually always does anyway.

hmmm I hadn't even thought of that. Thank you. I've always used a screen protector on mine, but when I got the new one today, I couldn't believe how much nicer the screen quality was without one! Now I don't want to put one on this phone :/

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if anyone is using their phone without one..
I use the phone as my GPS and in-car entertainment, I have it mounted high on my dash so I can see the display, which requires an anti-glare film. Otherwise, I would not bother with one.

Likewise, it's in a slim case only because a case/holster combo is the best way for me to carry it, and it raises the back enough to protect the camera lenses. (Seriously, if the camera lens has to stick out that it makes the phone wobble when on a desk, the phone is too thin.)

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I went without a screen protector for the first time with my Note 5. When it was time to send it in to AT&T Next I couldn't find a scratch on it. I use a case but I hate gunky screen protectors.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I used the tempered glass protectors for a year or so and got tired of them. I feel like the screen looks better and is more responsive without the screen protector. My phone wears an Apple leather case and that's it.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I always use Tempered Glass on the phone, I have a dozen extras, so if there is a mark or the edge comes up a bit, I can swap them out.

PKK77

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Never used a screen protector on any of my phones. What's the point of purchasing a high end gorgeous phone if I can't enjoy it?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used screen protectors on my last few phones and I haven't had an issue with scratches. I don't see the need with my 7 Plus.

batts7

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Same here, i've not bothered on my iphone 6. I've had the phone 22 months and screen in very good condition.

I did use one on my 5 but I found a few issues
- the protector wasn't edge to edge. When I took it off you could see where it had been on (very smaller hairline scratches and wasn't as fresh looking
- the protector i think makes the screen feel different when tapping on the screen.

Mines insured through my bank account if i happen to drop it and smash it, i'll get in replaced. I also don't bother with cases either...

Premium phones, showcase them

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I've tried, but between keys, sand and gravel I just can't. Even with AppleCare. I use a Zagg HDX. Hardly even know it's there.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not using one. It's been over a year with my 6s Plus, and not one scratch or mark of any kind. The screens are more durable than they used to be. I never had a protector on my iPhone 4. Towards the end I saw one tiny scratch that was barely noticeable. My iPhone 5 was in an Otterbox Defender with the built in screen. If I were a lady throwing my phone in a purse full of stuff, I might use one.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Never used a screen protector on any of my phones. What's the point of purchasing a high end gorgeous phone if I can't enjoy it?

You do realize a screen protector is clear. It's not like it's blocking the "view" of the phone. How does it remove the "joy" of the phone when it's basically transparent?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
You do realize a screen protector is clear. It's not like it's blocking the "view" of the phone. How does it remove the "joy" of the phone when it's basically transparent?
How clear they are depend on what it's made of. Some are crystal clear, some are tinted, some are cloudy. Some have the same finger-feel, some are "sticky", some are slick-er.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
How clear they are depend on what it's made of. Some are crystal clear, some are tinted, some are cloudy. Some have the same finger-feel, some are "sticky", some are slick-er.

Yes, but the point holds true, he can still use a "screen protector" without removing the visual appeal of the phone. A quality clear protector will not even be noticed unless you tell someone or show them. I don't even remember I have one on my iPad, it blends in seamlessly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711