Apple Upgrade program - tell me that this gets better

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
After using the Edge program for awhile and dealing with Verizon and their upgrade headaches, I figured i would order my new IP7 plus through Apple's upgrade program thinking that it would be a one stop shop with Apple. So, mid September, I ordered my iPhone through them.

Fast forward to this week, where all my credit card numbers got mysteriously hacked so the banks are all sending me new cards within the next 2 weeks (yes, I know I should be a lottery card as the odds of this happening is a rare occasion). The only problem is that my new phone is going to ship soon and the credit card used to open up the Installment program is no longer valid. I figured i would be able to change it all online by going to one site and changing it. I was surprised that I had to make phone calls to change it all and instead of calling one place, I have to call Apple and Citizens One bank.

So, i called Apple and they cannot do anything until the card declines and the order is on hold since it is close to preparing for shipment. I was also told I had to call Citizens One to get that updated as well because that will hold my order up too. Citizen One doesn't take debit cards and will take a checking account but, I have to input all that information online. The lady told me that the website has not been working properly (I witnessed that during website registration)and is expected to be fixed within the next 2-3 weeks. I laughed and told her I could not believe a company that handles all the Apple installment transactions would have website problems that would not be fixed for the next 2-3 weeks. By then, my phone order will be long gone.

Please tell me that the experience you had with the Installment plan is better than this. If not, I think I will cancel my order and go to plan B.

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
That sucks. I reserved my iPhone with their upgrade program, then changed my payment method in-store. Heard they're being less lenient with that now, though.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That's really unfortunate and I'm sorry that you're having issues. I've gotten my last two iPhones using IUP and haven't had any problems but I've always purchased in store and haven't had to switch card numbers. Hopefully this doesn't cause a huge delay in your order. Good luck!

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. I reserved my iPhone with their upgrade program, then changed my payment method in-store. Heard they're being less lenient with that now, though.

I don't know why they would getting less lenient on it. In the email you get after you reserve your phone in the FAQ section it says you can change your payment method to carrier installments or pay out right.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why they would getting less lenient on it. In the email you get after you reserve your phone in the FAQ section it says you can change your payment method to carrier installments or pay out right.

One of my colleagues did the pre order right after midnight when it was first available so that she could get it right away. UPS wound up losing the phone. Apple had to reorder it for her and she was placed at the back of the line. She then wound up speaking to a supervisor to mover herself up a little from the back of the line.

While all this was going on, I asked her what her contract was and she signed up for the AT&T Next for the 30 months not knowing that it was a bad deal. I did the math for her on all 3 options and showed her that the Annual Upgrade by Apple was the way to go. She finally got her phone yesterday and this week tried to change over from the AT&T to the Apple program. She has not activated her phone yet. Apple is telling her to return the phone back to the store and they will have to place a new order. AT&T is also telling her that if she wants to get on the better plan with AT&T(her second option), she will have to return the phone and place a new order, placing her to the back of the line there as well.

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

Yes of course that's what I personally did, now you can only change payment as long as you're already an IUP member. They reworded it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77