Huge fail for the 7+

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I think Apple is a genius marking company. By having short supply compared to the demand has them all over the news feeds and not in a "phone catching on fire way". Plus they are sending out phones faster than they promised users. I was a late September ship date and I am typing this on my black 7 plus.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'll preface this by saying that my tech IQ starts with a decimal point, BUT:
This phone has the biggest set of balls I've ever seen in a phone. Wow.
Oh and battery life? Check.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Just go buy an android. All your ******** isn't going to help. You want to force apple to change? Don't buy an iPhone or iPad or mac. Go with another manufacturer who can give you what you want when you want it!

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
At least they are in luck this year with the note 7 having its issues. I like Apple but man they are slowly taking a back seat to samsung. I hate to admit it but the s7 eats the iPhone 7 for breakfast.. no I'm not trolling either I love apple but it's getting sad to see the decline

Both phones are amazing and I love them both in certain ways, but Apple just works better and cleaner for so many people. Simple, reliable, a physical store to support them if needed. The Iphone is a legend and the spec battle has never been a concern with them. Samsung (and others) will always win the spec battle, but having 3 or 4 GB of RAM means NOTHING to about 95% of the population..

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Both phones are amazing and I love them both in certain ways, but Apple just works better and cleaner for so many people. Simple, reliable, a physical store to support them if needed. The Iphone is a legend and the spec battle has never been a concern with them. Samsung (and others) will always win the spec battle, but having 3 or 4 GB of RAM means NOTHING to about 95% of the population..
I could care a less about specs as well you are right. I actually enjoy the eco system better these days myself

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
So much goddamn whining over a phone. Jesus. If - as people say - "It happens every year" like this, then the simple solution? Pre-order the night it begins, or live with the luck of the draw the day it hits stores. Or - GASP! - wait until supplies are replenished. Pretty easy math to me.

Sounds like youre whining about others whining!
The point OP is making is a valid point. Apple didn't plan this right. Its not whining, its simply stating the fact that Apple dropped the ball on this release. Its nothing like previous years. They shipped ZERO plus models to thousands of stores.
And yes this is just about a phone, but so is this section of the forum, about a PHONE!

koko359

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I live and work in the marketing world. This is not a shortage or miscalculation or a mistake of any sort. This is planned! This is exactly what Apple wants. They know that the public craves what they can not have. They build up the demand and let the phones trickle out just as slow as they can to keep the demand up.

If they sent every Best Buy and Apple Store a million phones each there would be no lines at stores, no threads about "how can I get one". They know that a few months from now they will have sold more phones than if they just released them all at launch.

I had an Apple employee tell me that they had more phones in the back but were only allowed to sell so many per day ( I think it was the launch of the 6).

I am not saying that I am immune from the hype. I was in the the store and they had "just a couple left" and I scooped them up even though I was not in the store looking for them. I was looking at an ipad and left with two phones.

It is brilliant and incredibly effective and I applaud Apple for being so smart

This would explain how stock is added on the in store Apple reservation page. At our local Apple store, stock is added 4-5 times daily it seems. One minute they will have 0 plus models, then they will have a few of various carriers and storage options. Then will show sold out and miraculously have more inventory a few hours later. I know FedEx or UPS isn't delivering multiple times a day.

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
...Go cry about it somewhere else. Suck it up, wait your turn or go get an Android device. There are several nice models out there. If the quality of your day is dictated on whether you get an iPhone on launch day or not, that's not the most ideal life.

And yours is what model?...

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
This would explain how stock is added on the in store Apple reservation page. At our local Apple store, stock is added 4-5 times daily it seems. One minute they will have 0 plus models, then they will have a few of various carriers and storage options. Then will show sold out and miraculously have more inventory a few hours later. I know FedEx or UPS isn't delivering multiple times a day.

Exactly.. It is brilliant and Apple is so spot-on on every detail, do you really think that they misjudge a major launch event?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77