iPhone 6S...Which ios is best?

Shimmy100

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Hi all. Moving from a 4s to a pre-used 6s. It has arrived. I wanted to check battery health but find it is running ios 11.2.5. I believe battery health check came with 11.3? I was wary about updating my 4s so kept it on 7, where it ran great. So whats the best ios for the 6s please? I am not a huge app user, but will be adding some going forward. Thanks all.

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I used to be a firm believer in keeping a device on the OS it came with (except for minor upgrades and security fixes), BUT in particular with Apple they are pretty good at determining which devices are ok to be upgraded. IF an upgrade is available on the 6S, I would take it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I know some other users here are using iOS 12 on their 6s without issue. When iOS 13 is released later this year it's unclear as to whether or not the 6s will be included in the devices able to update to it. So I would definitely update to iOS 12 if I were you.

Shimmy100

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Thank you muchly iPhoners. I will update. Loving my 6s btw! A quick question, Ive asked Tartucus on my other thread but would appreciate your thoughts also. I used itunes to back up old 4s. Then restored onto the 6s. For some reason my 4s had contacts on the iphone list that did not show on the 6s. I'm wondering why? I have a suspicion this glitch is linked to whatsapp, as there are people in whatsapp that now show as numbers only when I'm sure use to have names! Not a biggy, but a bit of a pain. Any thoughts? Ps, in messing about I managed to sync old back to new and now both are missing the contacts. Doh!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you muchly iPhoners. I will update. Loving my 6s btw! A quick question, Ive asked Tartucus on my other thread but would appreciate your thoughts also. I used itunes to back up old 4s. Then restored onto the 6s. For some reason my 4s had contacts on the iphone list that did not show on the 6s. I'm wondering why? I have a suspicion this glitch is linked to whatsapp, as there are people in whatsapp that now show as numbers only when I'm sure use to have names! Not a biggy, but a bit of a pain. Any thoughts? Ps, in messing about I managed to sync old back to new and now both are missing the contacts. Doh!

I agree with Tartucus. You should update to iOS 12.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. Moving from a 4s to a pre-used 6s. It has arrived. I wanted to check battery health but find it is running ios 11.2.5. I believe battery health check came with 11.3? I was wary about updating my 4s so kept it on 7, where it ran great. So whats the best ios for the 6s please? I am not a huge app user, but will be adding some going forward. Thanks all.

My 4s will no longer update beyond 9.3.5, so that's that.
Re the 6s, it is better to update the OS to the latest both for the optimization (speed) and the security reason. My daughter is still sticking to the 6s, although replace the battery), and the latest OS (even the latest 12.2 beta) and totally happy with it. But you may want to check if it is eligible for the discounted battery replacement (you are. supposed to be able to check the eligibility by entering your S/N (or IMEI?) in the Apple site. It had an issue which I do not get into here. But in any case, for the 6s, my recommendation is to replace the battery with a new one anyway. I took advantage of the US29 battery replacement program for my 8 and SE, and SE got a brand new life.

Shimmy100

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Thanks guys and girls for all the advice! Quick update: I took your advice and updated to the latest ios. Then I checked the battery health and was delighted to see it read 100%! I ordered 2 pre-used 6s from a rep online seller. Their 'GOOD' condition stated they would be marked and scratched as probably not been in cases. (Good/Very Good/Pristine). One was badly marked and scratched, but this one is in excellent condition 95/100. So I struck lucky. 1 yr warranty with seller. All seems to be running fine and I'm now in the real world of 4G! I'm sure I'll have more queries, but first I'll take a good look round the forum. Thanks again. :yes:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys and girls for all the advice! Quick update: I took your advice and updated to the latest ios. Then I checked the battery health and was delighted to see it read 100%! I ordered 2 pre-used 6s from a rep online seller. Their 'GOOD' condition stated they would be marked and scratched as probably not been in cases. (Good/Very Good/Pristine). One was badly marked and scratched, but this one is in excellent condition 95/100. So I struck lucky. 1 yr warranty with seller. All seems to be running fine and I'm now in the real world of 4G! I'm sure I'll have more queries, but first I'll take a good look round the forum. Thanks again. :yes:

Thank you for the update and we’re glad you’re pleased with your devices and iOS 12. Take care.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Oh good! I am so glad for you! Don’t hesitate to post other questions or to share your thoughts and feedback!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Enjoy your 6s and iOS 12!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2