Why did my iPhone6s become inaccessible briefly and, then, seemingly fix itself?

Birkieboy

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
I have an iPhone6s with IOS 11.2.1 which is apparently up to date. Today, for the first time ever, all of a sudden my fingerprint logon wouldn't work and neither would my numerical password. When I tried to power off the phone, the slider would appear but I couldn't make it slide across to shut it down. Then, I started getting a message saying to try again in. 5 minutes. Well, I then, decided it was time to learn how to back up my phone on my MacBook Air. I didn't want to do it on iCloud (even if I could have accessed that) as I don't have a purchased iCloud plan - which I believe you need it you are going to exceed 5GB (and a full backup of the phone surely would exceed 5GB!). In the midst of preparing to backup on my MacBook, the phone finally became responsive again - fingerprint and numeric code. I don't understand what happened or why. Anyway, I did continue with a manual backup of the iPhone on my MacBook. It appears to have only used 19+ GB of storage space on the MacBook which also doesn't make sense to me as the iPhone indicates that I'm currently using around 40GB of the 64GB it came with. Sorry to pose so many questions as a newby to this group in my first post but answers to as many questions as possible will be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. Probably a glitch. If it's working correctly, I wouldn't be concerned.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77