Bluetooth issues with car

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have a Acura TSX and my phone keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to the Bluetooth speaker. This issue is driving me nuts as my music keeps getting interrupted.

I spoke with the dealership and was told its a known issue with the iPhone 6s and the issue lies with the iPhone. I'm a bit skeptical about this but was curious if any one has had a similar situation, knowledge or advice they would be willing to share.

Thanks in advance.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There have been a lot of reports of BT issues with cars. I have seen many posts about the issues being fixed by updating car software and other saying iOS updates fixed the issues. I use an Aukey adapter in my car and have not had any issues.

CPR

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Don't believe it! I have a 2015 Acura TLX/SH-AWD/Tech/ELS
Paired with an IPhone SE 64GB/TMobile
Make sure the software is Apple's latest 10.1
My BT, & BT audio are perfect; phone quality sounds like a landline; no drops
Amazon, & ITunes audio are flawless
It's the old blame game; Acura blames Apple, & Vice-versa
Make sure your phone has been hard re-started, & the apps have been cleared
good luck

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't believe it! I have a 2015 Acura TLX/SH-AWD/Tech/ELS
Paired with an IPhone SE 64GB/TMobile
Make sure the software is Apple's latest 10.1
My BT, & BT audio are perfect; phone quality sounds like a landline; no drops
Amazon, & ITunes audio are flawless
It's the old blame game; Acura blames Apple, & Vice-versa
Make sure your phone has been hard re-started, & the apps have been cleared
good luck

Thanks. I have updates my phone and am still having the issue. I was also told it could be the Wi-Fi interfering as I drive around so it's best to shut the Wi-Fi off on the phone. That has seemed to help some but its very annoying to turn the Wi-Fi on and off. Any thoughts about the possibility of the issue being Wifi related?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I have updates my phone and am still having the issue. I was also told it could be the Wi-Fi interfering as I drive around so it's best to shut the Wi-Fi off on the phone. That has seemed to help some but its very annoying to turn the Wi-Fi on and off. Any thoughts about the possibility of the issue being Wifi related?

Wifi and BT use completely different signals. I call shenanigans on that one. I would go to the dealer and tell them you want them to make sure that your car has the most up to date software. I work for Mazda and a update to the CMU module fixes a ton of bugs. It's like a phone where if there's a problem the car manufacturers put out patches to fix them. If it's a known issue with iPhones I'm sure Acura has tried or issued a TSB fix for the issue.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Wifi and BT use completely different signals.
WiFi and BT both use 2.54 GHz radio bands, so it's conceivable (though unusual) that a strong WiFi signal could overwhelm a BT signal.

But I agree that making sure that the car's audio system and BT are up to the latest firmware versions/patches is a great first step.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77