iOS 10.1 battery drain

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
How do you do a hard reset???
I think it's hold the power and home buttons together until the apple logo appears. This really just simulates a battery pull, a true factory data reset is done from settings but will put your phone back to factory fresh out of the box mode. I think the simulated battery pull is useful when your phone freezes or similar. Doesn't hurt anything anyway. I do it maybe once a month just for grins.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I was having an issue with my battery draining when the phone was turned off. Total drain to zero in a couple of days. Consistently every time. Last time I shut it down for a few days(serial phone switcher)i pulled up all the recent apps page and cleared it. Not only did I have no drain, but didn't even lose 1% in 3 days. Thinking something having to do with those apps being there. Dunno, but hope this was no fluke.

Kirikos

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
i upgraded my iOS to 10.1.1 on the phone about 10 days ago and back it up several times
on my computer. Yestreday iTunes showed me info that new 10.1.1 update is available
for an upgrade. Weird. i downloaded it anyway and it looks like my iphone
got it twice. Things are starting to get messed up for Apple, since Steve Jobs departure

mister_ev

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
i upgraded my iOS to 10.1.1 on the phone about 10 days ago and back it up several times
on my computer. Yestreday iTunes showed me info that new 10.1.1 update is available
for an upgrade. Weird. i downloaded it anyway and it looks like my iphone
got it twice. Things are starting to get messed up for Apple, since Steve Jobs departure

This exact thing happened to me. I called AppleCare - told her I was ON 10.1.1 but that iTunes was saying 10.1.1 was available. "Oh, that's normal" she says, I say no, it should say I'm current and will check for an update on xxx date. She actually got abrupt with me, telling me I would be wasting my time.
So she left, I'm thinking things are sad for AppleCare. And I downloaded and installed (reinstalled?) 10.1.1. On both the 6s AND my Air 2. (the Air 2 has had no battery issue).

Now I'm waiting to see if the 6s battery issue - where it shows 25+% battery life but then shuts off and indicated the recharge icon, you plug it in and it reboots - and shows 25+% battery life - has resolved itself or not.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
This exact thing happened to me. I called AppleCare - told her I was ON 10.1.1 but that iTunes was saying 10.1.1 was available. "Oh, that's normal" she says, I say no, it should say I'm current and will check for an update on xxx date.

In this case, it is normal. Apple released a newer version of 10.1.1 about a week ago, which I believe fixed a minor issue that affected a small number of people trying to instal 10.1.1. If your phone update to 10.1.1 fine with the first version of 10.1.1, this one is unnecessary. It is not showing up to anybody as an OTA update if you already have 10.1.1, but it can be updated if you connect via iTunes.

See Apple Releases Updated Version of iOS 10.1.1 - Mac Rumors

Kirikos

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
after second iOS 10.1.1 upgrade it looks like battery performs a bit better.
No sudden dying with 25% charge remaining. Maybe there is a hope...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2