Flash and Cases

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I know this has been an issue in previous iPhone models but has anyone had their case casting a color shadow across their photos when they use flash? It used to be solved when the case had a black rim but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore...

My real question is if you AREN'T what case are you using?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with it with any case I've used for my previous 6 Plus or my current 6s Plus. I've used Spigen Neo Hybrid, an Apple silicone case, and a few Apple leather cases.

I think this was mainly a problem early on with the iPhone 5 but, knowing how important nice pictures are to most iPhone users, case makers have taken steps to make sure there aren't problems with more recent models.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with it with any case I've used for my previous 6 Plus or my current 6s Plus. I've used Spigen Neo Hybrid, an Apple silicone case, and a few Apple leather cases.

I think this was mainly a problem early on with the iPhone 5 but, knowing how important nice pictures are to most iPhone users, case makers have taken steps to make sure there aren't problems with more recent models.

Clearly I'm choosing crap cases then. Lol. I have a Giants case that I don't want to give up but it makes all my pictures blue

tmx31415

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Be careful of certain waterproof cases as well. I know there have been reported issues concerning the Dog & Bone Wetsuit and the last Catalyst release compromising pictures.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I ordered an incipio dual pro so fingers crossed it works out

I think that as long as you stick to reputable case manufacturers you should be fine. The majority of them have learned their lessons by now
I had a dual pro back when I had my 5 and never had a problem with the camera flash. It was probably my favorite case back then.