How did this happen?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't know how anybody could knock the camera quality of the 6s and 6s Plus. They both take amazing photos!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I won't make my decision to purchase a smartphone just on the camera alone. There are trade offs. If I have to have android to have better pictures than my iPhone 6s, I don't need better pictures. I do like the Sony smartphones but am sticking with the iPhone for now.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I notice better photos on iPhone I've had plenty of phones on android. My original reason for going iPhone Is I got sick and tired of every other month android doing something new. As far as cameras go mp don't mean anything. You can get just as good photos of a 12mp camera and a let's say 20mp camera. Being in photography I know mp means mostly you can just get a bigger print developed. Higher mp bigger photo developed. I think iPhone camera is amazing.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
My company provided phone is a Sony Z3 compact. On paper, it should take better shots than my 6S Plus or my 6 Plus or 5S before it.

It doesn't. By a long shot it doesn't. It's terrible.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Aquila

iMore Sith
Trusted Member
May 14, 2013
Visit site
I read this article and I was a bit flummoxed. I am still having a hard time how DXO Mark rated the 6s below the 6.

Forbes Welcome

I'm not clear on why they're ranked differently with the same score - I know my perception was that the iPhone 6Plus was better than the 6 last year and I assumed that'd be true this year - but again, same score, different rank. One thing that I would say about these rankings - anything 80 and above is going to be fantastic, with different strengths on different devices. I don't see coming in at 10th place as a negative, personally I think that everything in the top 10 is capable of some fantastic shots.

All that said, of everything in the top 10, in my opinion, only Samsung, LG and Apple are great at auto-mode point and shoot style shots and getting consistently great photos. And two of the devices up there aren't released yet ... so grain of salt? Most people want to look at photos that they are taking and be happy with those photos. The score doesn't matter too much at all in that way of thinking about it.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Even if those other cameras took better pictures, I still would take the iPhone camera over them. The iPhone camera is the most consistent at taking good photos. My experience with android cameras (and they were all flagships, such as the S6) is that they can take a great picture but you are going to take several mediocre ones before you get that good one. iPhone takes a great picture practically every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Click bait at its finest ...
Put all of those phones on Auto like 99% of actual users do. Then muck up the photos with the latest Instagram filter, and then show me who the real winner is ...

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Click bait at its finest ...
Put all of those phones on Auto like 99% of actual users do. Then muck up the photos with the latest Instagram filter, and then show me who the real winner is ...

The Forbes article might be, but the actual DXOMark reviews are not. They started out as a review site for DSLR cameras, lenses, etc. and added on mobile once that sector became huge. Their tests are intended more for people really into photography to know what they're getting and not just the type that slap a bunch of filters on and throw it up on Facebook.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2