iPhone 6S 4K Shooting Time Limit

omakad

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Today on family vacation I have used the 4K video shooting for the first time and I have noticed that recording of the videos in 4K will stop by itself after 4-5 min of shooting? I did some Googling and I see that some other phones have a time limit with 4K but apparently iPhone 6s doesn't. At least based on some comments which may or may not be accurate. Really couldn't find any solid info. Is there a 4K time limit when shooting video with 6S that I was now aware off? The phone was not overheated or out of space. It did not turn off or show any warning messages. Video would just stop. Not sure what is going on? Anyone?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I recorded a 12 minute 4K video at Petit Lemans this past weekend in 4K just for the hell of it and it had no issues and never stopped (I actually stopped it because it was eating my battery up and had already used about 3.5GB of storage on that one video. Came out really awesome though...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmm so that just must be my phone then. Do you have 6s or 6s+?

I have a 6S+, but my wife has the 6S, and she tested it by just sitting it there recording in 4K and it was still going after around 8min, so I'm not sure why yours is doing what it is doing, unless you're low on storage (which you said wasn't the case).

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the amount of time one can record 4k video depends on available storage space... it can only hold so much before it has to stop.

omakad

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I have over 30GB of available storage so it's not that. But thanks again for letting me know. This way at least I know I need to troubleshoot and figure it out.

rockerman

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I ran into the same problem this afternoon. I was doing a time lapse recording and just like yours mine stopped at around 4-5 minutes. And like you I have around 50GBs of free space.
A little concerned about this.