AirPlay? Can i Mirror my screen to my TV?

putney1477

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I know you used to be able to use AirPlay to mirror your screen from your phone to the tv. Where did it go? According to websites, it used to be right next to airdrop on the pull up menu. Pardon my lack of terminology, I just went from 6 years of android to Apple and I'm still learning the ropes. I have a wifi blu ray player and my iPhone 6s on iOS 9.0.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
AirPlay?

Agreed with SwitchBeach. If the phone doesn't detect any AirPlay compatible devices the button on the control center won't appear.

743f06da34ba208c38a03b3be10d6a5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

putney1477

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: AirPlay?

Well that stinks! LOL

I don't have any of those. I was able to do it with my Samsung and my wifi blu Ray player.
Bummer.

I switched to the iPhone because 99% of my family and friends have Apple products.

Probably should have done a little more homework before buying the 6s.

Thanks for the quick responses though!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
AirPlay?

Well that stinks! LOL

I don't have any of those. I was able to do it with my Samsung and my wifi blu Ray player.
Bummer.

I switched to the iPhone because 99% of my family and friends have Apple products.

Probably should have done a little more homework before buying the 6s.

Thanks for the quick responses though!

Yeah AirPlay is only compatible with AirPlay enabled devices. Does your blue ray player have Bluetooth?

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
If you don't need to mirror your home screen and just stream content, VLC works, there is Twonky and there are a whole bunch of DLNA and UPnP apps in the App Store that may help you.