It will slow down at some point - I remember getting a desktop computer every year, then a laptop every year, now I don't even have a desktop and my laptop is 2 years old and just about as good as anything coming out now (a little worse but not when compared to the money and effort to migrate). I was telling a friend phones will be like that one day, but for now there is too much movement in the new technology if you are a tech geek - which I am.

That said, I really like my 6s. Here are the priority reasons why (the other stuff hasn't thrilled me yet):
    1. At first I didn't think I could tell a weight difference, but having used it for a day it is very slightly heavier - and it makes the phone feel just a little better - a little more substantial.
    2. I didn't think I would use 3D Touch but I really am using it in the Apple apps that support it. I think it will become as natural as gesture/swiping everyone does now without thinking. This is a time saver, just makes me feel more efficient with my phone.
    3. The Touch ID responsiveness is PHENOMENAL! I can't believe how fast I get into my phone now.
    4. I actually haven't used the cameras yet but I take a lot of photos, and some selfies with my wife - I know I will enjoy the new cameras and front side flash.
    5. I feel a little at peace because I know the frame and display are more impervious to injury. This is perception only, but it is there for me.
    09-26-2015 04:20 PM
    I have only joined the iOS regime from the 6+. I feel the difference already. If you get sick of iPhone already, move on. I've come from a BlackBerry and Android. Next the Lumia 950.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-26-2015 04:35 PM
    When you think about it, I suppose that it makes sense on some level. Almost as soon as one device is launched, the hype begins for the next. There are rumors, wish lists, and threads about "what do you think/want to be in the next one". Then June comes around and WWDC happens and the hype about the next version of iOS... and that signals the official countdown to the September iPhone event. More rumors, artist renderings, concept videos, etc... and then the day comes where Apple itself hypes the new device, and the feeding frenzy begins.

The whole thing is an emotional roller coaster ride for some/many/most Apple fans of pre-ordering, standing in line or racing from store to store trying to find the new device. I really don't see how this can continue... yet it does. Eventually, reality has to set in.

And to the OP, I certainly can see your point, and feel you pain.
    One thousand likes...
    09-26-2015 04:39 PM
    For an S model this iPhone upgrade has been pretty solid imo...
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-26-2015 05:09 PM
    On a lighter note maybe this is what it feels like to be a druggy. Those first couple hits are great but then you need to take more to get the same dopamine levels.

On a more serious note(short and long version below):

td;lr:Buy iPhones with features to compliment your high, not create it. Mine are travel and photography. Live photos would have allowed me to experience special instances in time in London, the streets of Paris or my girlfriend's shy smile any time I wanted because I have a crappy memory.

Long version:
    One thing I recommend is to not make the iPhone the source of your high but use those new features that will compliment and enhance activities that make your dopamine levels rise. For me, I love photography and traveling. Over the last few summers/falls I have been blessed to be able to travel to the French-Belgium border for various tasks for the physics experiment I work on. I've been to London, Paris, Brussels, Rheims, ect. and while there I have either had my Nokia 920 or iPhone. The 920's camera was fuzzy while taking photos of Paris and the various iPhones, while reliable, have had such low MP counts that I couldn't fully capture fine details such as on the Mars Gate or Cathedrals. Mostly I wish I had live photos though. Live photos would have allowed me to capture small snippets of those times which were most special to me and replay them whenever I wanted. There are similar modes in other phones but Apple made it more of use in those spontaneous moments where most of my photography is centered.
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    09-26-2015 05:28 PM
    I can't really speak on the 6s Plus....YET, but my very first iPhone was the 5s and I was overwhelmed with it. My second iPhone is the 6 Plus and once again I'm overwhelmed with this device. I guess expectations are different for each individual, I'm certainly looking forward to the different enhancements that the 6s Plus brings to the table. Apple has impressed ME enough that I want to upgrade to the latest and greatest iPhone on a yearly basis.....I can't say that for the other platforms thats currently available, but thats just ME and my .02 cents.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-26-2015 05:32 PM
    I would return my as well if I didn't use it as a jump on t mobile
    09-26-2015 06:02 PM
    IMO, it's all about the speed. The 6 was ok from day one though in that department. The only other big update you'll see coming from a 6 is 3D touch which isn't a big deal yet either. The camera improvement isn't a big deal. Touch ID is faster but it's not like it sucked before. And of course if you're coming from a 5S or before, then it's a different world.

Upgrading to the 6S Plus though is different. Because the 6 Plus had its problems that the regular 6 didn't. Stuttering, lag, constant app and safari refreshing made the 6 Plus a pain to use IMO (although some will insist otherwise). The 6S Plus fixes this. That's the big deal. Throw in OIS for video along with the other stuff like 3D touch and that all makes upgrading from a 6 Plus more worthwhile.

If I had the 6, I probably wouldn't have upgraded to the 6S. If I had the 6 Plus, I would have, and did upgrade to the 6S Plus. My wife did the 6S from the 6 deal, and I doubt she sees much difference. She just wanted to be able to do the live photos and get a different color.
    Pretty good explanation my wife and I currently have a 6 plus and we've both experienced those problems mainly her tho really great way to put it!

09-26-2015 06:33 PM
    No need to bother with posts yelling at me for being negative or ungrateful or whiny or silly or (add your favorite adjective here)... because I already know I'm all those things.
    I don't think you are any of the above. In fact, you have just out grew your "boy toys". I am guessing that you are in your 30s to early 40s? It is now time to find something else that excites you. Career? Family? Kids? New house?

09-26-2015 09:43 PM
    Not necessarily plenty of us here in iMore are well into our 40's and beyond, have kids (or grandkids), houses, jobs (or retired) and we still get plenty excited by new tech (not just for boys!!!).
    I didn't really get into technology until my later 20's, so I think I'll be a hip old lady.

Seriously though, for some people the S upgrades are not enough to give the satisfaction that the money was well spent. I sell my current model prior to getting a new one. Then I use an older device missing features. So once I get in the new device, it'll always feel huge to me. That's my trick.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
    MasterDarque and cwbcpa like this.
    09-26-2015 11:15 PM
    Maybe you should not buy the new one every single year. Wait a couple or three years and get a new one. You might get that feeling back. I mean at this point the upgrades (as wonderful as they are) are not all that significant.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-26-2015 11:20 PM
    I think most people have a dose of buyer's remorse. It is common when one buys something expensive. Get over it and just enjoy your new iPhone 6S!
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-27-2015 08:51 AM
    So, I have been really taking my iPhone 6s through the paces and I'm really liking this phone. I like that Siri is always on. This is a feature that was awesome with my Nexus 6 and Google Now. Whether the phone is plugged in or not, you can still access Siri. So I find myself using Siri more now than I have in the past. Really liking live photo. I'm finding some use in 3D touch. I know that some say that it doesn't really add more functionality, but I am finding that it seems simpler. To be able to force touch the camera and go straight to what I want to do, or to force touch the newspaper app and go into one of my favorites immediately has been convenient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    firstborn80 likes this.
    09-27-2015 09:39 AM
    You upgrade every year and this is the first time you've felt underwhelmed ... I find that so hard to believe...
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-27-2015 10:05 AM
    'Nother one of those first world problem threads...
    Aren't all smart device problems "first world problems"?
    09-27-2015 10:08 AM
    I will say this, the Touch ID sensor is awesome. All I have to do is barely touch the thing and it works flawlessly.

09-27-2015 01:09 PM
    I understand the feeling, although it isn't one that I share. This phone (6S Plus) feels completely different to me compared to the 6 Plus. The phone... It was just starting to lag too much. I pay attention to frames dropping and other minutia - so this phone, I can just feel the processor chewing through everything. It's great. I game and can tell the processor is just chillin'. To me, it's a great feeling - having what I perceive to be the smoothest phone.

Then, the RAM. I had to change the way I used the iPhone because the 1GB was so limiting. I couldn't edit a photo on Instagram and leave to two other apps because when I came back - POOF, all my work was gone. Yeah... Try filling out a form on Safari. It's an exercise in frustration. Well, it's much less of an issue with the 6S.

And the added weight and firmness of the phone (minutia, but I definitely feel and notice it) is fantastic, it feels much safer out of a case.

I think it's great. I can definitely see how someone would not care about these differences though, and feel like they've been duped out of a lot of money. Apple's marketing can make someone do that haha
    09-27-2015 11:05 PM
    It all depends on what device you switch from. I used a 6 plus for the better part of a year with spending some time with galaxy s6, note 5 and eventually realizing the 6 plus was the best device for me. Now using the 6s plus I truly appreciate the device because I know the other options out there.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-27-2015 11:18 PM
    I switched from the 6 plus to the 6S not plus and I'm definitely enjoying the upgrade. While I miss my bigger screen and bigger battery. The camera has been a good trade off for me. I'm an amateur photographer so I love playing with the 12 MP photos and filming videos.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-27-2015 11:21 PM
    I will say this, the Touch ID sensor is awesome. All I have to do is barely touch the thing and it works flawlessly.

I've got a love hate feeling about that. I enjoy it when I want to use my phone. But I listen to a lot of music. Sometimes I want to wake the phone up and change the track without unlocking it.
    09-28-2015 12:01 AM
    I've got a love hate feeling about that. I enjoy it when I want to use my phone. But I listen to a lot of music. Sometimes I want to wake the phone up and change the track without unlocking it.
    You have 10 fingers. Use a different one. #problemSolved
    MasterDarque likes this.
    09-28-2015 12:14 AM
    I can understand that. Try just using the power button to wake the screen, but not unlock it.

09-28-2015 06:44 AM
    I can appreciate where you are coming from. I upgraded from a 6 Plus to a 6s Plus and, just as many have already mentioned, it looks the same and performs incrementally better. That being said, the camera upgrade is substantial and I'm already starting to find the 3D Touch shortcuts quite useful. 3D Touch is like Touch ID when it was first launched: it takes a while to appreciate it--and remember that it's even there--but then you can't live without it.

The question on my mind is what more could we expect our phones to do? Mobile devices have become so advanced that blowing our minds with new features and performance enhancements isn't going to come a often as it used to. If you want your mind blown upgrade every 3-4 years. If you're okay with incremental improvements then once a year or every two years does the trick.
    09-28-2015 06:56 AM
    I can appreciate where you are coming from. I upgraded from a 6 Plus to a 6s Plus and, just as many have already mentioned, it looks the same and performs incrementally better. That being said, the camera upgrade is substantial and I'm already starting to find the 3D Touch shortcuts quite useful. 3D Touch is like Touch ID when it was first launched: it takes a while to appreciate it--and remember that it's even there--but then you can't live without it.

The question on my mind is what more could we expect our phones to do? Mobile devices have become so advanced that blowing our minds with new features and performance enhancements isn't going to come a often as it used to. If you want your mind blown upgrade every 3-4 years. If you're okay with incremental improvements then once a year or every two years does the trick.
    Over the last two years, there has seemed to be a slow down as far as advancements in the mobile space. I remember about 5 years ago, it seemed as though there was a new smartphone with bigger and better specs being released every week. There were always new features to consider. And now, most manufacturers have settled on just releasing their flagships. Most of them are the same, just look different in hardware and software. And it seems as though Android is becoming more locked down and moving toward the philosophy of iOS. So, we get devices that are a little faster with a few features that we didn't have before. But the room for major improvement in mobile tech I believe has diminished significantly. I also believe that people have somewhat settled on how they want to use their smartphones. Lol. I remember when people used to think that their BlackBerry smartphones could replace their laptops.

09-28-2015 07:05 AM
    I came from a Gold iPhone 6 to a Rose Gold iPhone 6 Plus and I couldn't be happier.

It's like buying a new pair of shoes. If I buy Bass Black Wayfarer Penny Loafers every single Fall, I'd be pretty much done with Bass Wayfarer Penny Loafers. But....for this Fall I bought Bass Burgundy Wayfarer Penny Loafers. So....I like Bass Wayfarer Penny Loafers as my Fall shoes to walk from Union Station to my office. They do the job admirably well. I know the fit, I know the quality, I know what to expect. So...for the job at hand, I buy what works for me. I see women wearing 5 inch heels on the same walk and but I'm not interested in 5 inch heels to walk three blocks. I don't envy them. I actually know that in summer, I won't have to deal with bunions. I also know I wont' have to deal with ingrown toe nails. So....my choice is perfect for me.

I'm not underwhelmed by my phone or my shoes because I pick a different colour. I'm not underwhelmed because I'm happy that what I buy works for me. I'm not underwhelmed because I don't care what others choose. I've got other phones/shoes at home. But for me, both my Bass Penny Loafers and my iPhone 6s Plus are EXACTLY what I want.

Which is why I buy them.
    09-28-2015 08:41 AM
84 1234