Any concerns about getting one of the first 6s phones?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have never been part of the 3 AM EDT crowd....I always have thought it's better to wait a couple of weeks in case some tiny engineering changes based on the first batch are added in. Do you have any concerns about getting one of the first phones? There is certainly enough new that could warrant an engineering/manufacturing tweak...3D touch....2nd gen touch ID....antennas....new memory, SoC, battery....new alloy in case....it seems like often there is an "xxx-gate" calamity, if only minor, at the beginning. I want to jump but am a little nervous....talk me in off the ledge or tell me to jump?

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not worried about it, as I'm sure that if there is a problem, Apple will fix it for the customers who have already bought the phone.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
What about the chance that you can get a perfectly great device. Chill and go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm there too. I've never been an early adopter.

I might be one this time or I might not.

Either way, just follow your guts and do what you want.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have gotten every iPhone on launch day and have never regretted it. Only the 4 with AntennaGate was really an issue and Apple gave me a free case ��

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is Apple were talking about here. If by chance you did get a defective new iPhone, they will quickly exchange it for another one and apologize several times for the inconvenience. So no, there's no need to be concerned about getting one of the first iPhone 6S or 6S Plus devices, in my opinion.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
This is Apple were talking about here. If by chance you did get a defective new iPhone, they will quickly exchange it for another one and apologize several times for the inconvenience. So no, there's no need to be concerned about getting one of the first iPhone 6S or 6S Plus devices, in my opinion.

I just like to wait sometimes because you never know if they'll have shortages. So if you've got a defective device, you might have to do some store searching or waiting for replacement by mail.

Happened to me with the 1st 6. It's one of the reasons why I just returned it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
No worries. I've bought. Via pre-order almost every year since 2010 and never us an issue.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I bought a day one 6 and regretted it because I had issues with it and the replacement they sent me. But like the others are saying, Apple is great about making it right and fixing it. I would still buy a day one iPhone again. Keep in mind the majority have no issues.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have never been part of the 3 AM EDT crowd....I always have thought it's better to wait a couple of weeks in case some tiny engineering changes based on the first batch are added in. Do you have any concerns about getting one of the first phones? There is certainly enough new that could warrant an engineering/manufacturing tweak...3D touch....2nd gen touch ID....antennas....new memory, SoC, battery....new alloy in case....it seems like often there is an "xxx-gate" calamity, if only minor, at the beginning. I want to jump but am a little nervous....talk me in off the ledge or tell me to jump?

Apple usually holds enough stock back to offer spot replacements for problem phones. It's not something to be overly concerned about, IMO.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I hemmed and hawed, and decided to defer/wait and not get up at 3 AM east coast time to order one. I checked about 30 minutes ago when I woke up, about 6 AM, and lo and behold I could reserve one at the local Apple store 10 minutes from my house, I pick it up Sep 25 at 11:30 AM! That worked out good! (I hope!!)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I hemmed and hawed, and decided to defer/wait and not get up at 3 AM east coast time to order one. I checked about 30 minutes ago when I woke up, about 6 AM, and lo and behold I could reserve one at the local Apple store 10 minutes from my house, I pick it up Sep 25 at 11:30 AM! That worked out good! (I hope!!)

Wow, a full nights sleep and a new iPhone. *mind blown*

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Congrats!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
After being able to magically sell off a 4s and my 6, I went to T-Mobile and jumped the gun. Got myself a SG 128GB 6s...

Ships on 09/25. Should have it by the end of the month.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
also usually apple doesn't make any engineering changes in the phone.. the same hardware is in it 6 months from now as now