Android Convert

MalkiaC

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I've had my gently used, Space Grey 64gb 6s Plus for roughly two weeks now. I've been a dedicated Android/Samsung user since the very first phone in the Galaxy series, the Captivate. I've had several phones in the Galaxy line, my last being the Note 4 Edge. I have a Samsung Smart Tv, as well as a Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet, so the Android/Samsung ecosystem has had a strong presence in my life over the years. However, I found myself bored and sometimes fed up with the OS, and wanted to venture outside of my comfy Android/Samsung box and try something new. Other than a brief stint with Blackberry, which I loved btw, Android OS is the only one I've used. So here I am. :D

The first day I was ready to toss the phone out of the window, while driving on a busy highway The no back button was KILLING me slowly. But thanks to the side swipe with 3D touch, my eye no longer twitches, and I'm getting more and more comfortable with the device. I think I'm slowy but surely coming around to the dark side. :rotfl:

I'm looking foward to learning a lot from this forum.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I've had my gently used, Space Grey 64gb 6s Plus for roughly two weeks now. I've been a dedicated Android/Samsung user since the very first phone in the Galaxy series, the Captivate. I've had several phones in the Galaxy line, my last being the Note 4 Edge. I have a Samsung Smart Tv, as well as a Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet, so the Android/Samsung ecosystem has had a strong presence in my life over the years. However, I found myself bored and sometimes fed up with the OS, and wanted to venture outside of my comfy Android/Samsung box and try something new. Other than a brief stint with Blackberry, which I loved btw, Android OS is the only one I've used. So here I am. :D

The first day I was ready to toss the phone out of the window, while driving on a busy highway The no back button was KILLING me slowly. But thanks to the side swipe with 3D touch, my eye no longer twitches, and I'm getting more and more comfortable with the device. I think I'm slowy but surely coming around to the dark side. :rotfl:

You won't be sorry, just give it a little time and you'll grow to love it. I've switched back and forth between Android and iOS for a while now, my latest foray into Android being the Nexus 6P for 6 months or so, they're both great, I just happen to prefer the iOs and watch OS. I'm back with Apple to stay now.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, give it some times and you will love it. Search the forums for helpful tips and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Josiah23

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

I too am coming from an Android/Samsung Galaxy ecosystem and will start using an iPhone 6S Plus very very soon. I hope I enjoy and get comfortable with the switch to the dark side just as you have. :)

Last edited:

MalkiaC

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
You won't be sorry, just give it a little time and you'll grow to love it. I've switched back and forth between Android and iOS for a while now, my latest foray into Android being the Nexus 6P for 6 months or so, they're both great, I just happen to prefer the iOs and watch OS. I'm back with Apple to stay now.

I love it more and more everyday

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Make yourself at home and enjoy the site! There is a back button of sorts. The option in the upper left corner will take you back to your previous location. It's not everywhere, but helps.

897024fa5868164261c0c12cebfc1195.jpg

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I have both the iPhone 7 and the Google Pixel. While I love the iPhone a couple things stop me from using it full time. The main thing that bothers me is IOS notification system. It is just awful. The latest version of Android has a lot better notification system. Secondly, why do I have to go all the way to settings to change the setting of an app I'm using. Why isn't there a settings menu I'm said app? Thirdly, IOS is supposed to be easy to use right? Why is so damn hard to put on q custom ring tone. Why do I need a computer and that awful iTunes? I'm sorry the latest version of Android is just far superior. I thought IOS was supposed to be the OS of no issues but on IOS 10 I have had more app crashes than on Android 7.1. Very unexpected. On the plus side though I find that apps tend to be a lot more polished on the iPhone. I also love iMessages which is one of the reasons I still use my 7 as my number 2 phone. Apple please fix your notification system. Please

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Other than a brief stint with Blackberry, which I loved btw, Android OS is the only one I've used. So here I am. :D

It's called the 'teething period'. Things are sometimes not like they used to be and therefore confusion and in some cases rage inducing begin. haha.

Hope you enjoy your new iPhone 6s Plus! its a wonderful choice and I'm sure you will enjoy the battery!

Also Welcome to iMore! hopefully this won't be your last iPhone purchase :D

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Just switched to a 6 plus myself after my wife really wishing I would switch back to iPhone after being on android for over 2 years. I still love android and would love a new pixel, but it is easier to be on iPhone when you are the only person in your family on android. At least it's the big iPhone haha. I do like it so far just going through the teething period and I'll wait till there is a hug difference before upgrading again.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Welcome to the forums! I switch between Android and iOS fairly regularly and enjoy both platforms. Each has their pluses and minuses. iOS does have a consistency that Android will never have, but iOS has its downsides as well. Hope you enjoy your iPhone and your time here!

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, I think you are in the right place to do the transition, there are some different features you can miss from android and some in any apple deice you will find just amazing, the thing is finding which one fits you well and keep it, but always trying the other stuff in order to be not loyal from ignorance but the opposite.

MalkiaC

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, I think you are in the right place to do the transition, there are some different features you can miss from android and some in any apple deice you will find just amazing, the thing is finding which one fits you well and keep it, but always trying the other stuff in order to be not loyal from ignorance but the opposite.

Excellent point.

MalkiaC

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I have both the iPhone 7 and the Google Pixel. While I love the iPhone a couple things stop me from using it full time. The main thing that bothers me is IOS notification system. It is just awful. The latest version of Android has a lot better notification system. Secondly, why do I have to go all the way to settings to change the setting of an app I'm using. Why isn't there a settings menu I'm said app? Thirdly, IOS is supposed to be easy to use right? Why is so damn hard to put on q custom ring tone. Why do I need a computer and that awful iTunes? I'm sorry the latest version of Android is just far superior. I thought IOS was supposed to be the OS of no issues but on IOS 10 I have had more app crashes than on Android 7.1. Very unexpected. On the plus side though I find that apps tend to be a lot more polished on the iPhone. I also love iMessages which is one of the reasons I still use my 7 as my number 2 phone. Apple please fix your notification system. Please

Oh gosh yes, not a fan of the notification system at all. And I really miss that flashing led on my Samsung. Thankfully I haven't had any apps crash, and the battery life has been great!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2