How do you delete a reminder location in the iPhone 6S Plus, ver 9.3 ?

JimPS

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
how do you delete a reminder location in iPhone 6S Plus, ver 9.3 ?

This is regarding the iPhone 6S Plus, ver 9.3

I don't know how to delete a location that I created for use in Reminders.

From the main screen, I select Reminders, then I select a previously created reminder. Then I select Location (for location based reminders).

Once in the Location menu, I see:
Current Location
Getting in the car
Getting out of the car
Location 1 (which was created by me in Contacts)

My question is, how do I delete the no longer used location that I created?

I originally created the location in my Contacts, then searched for it in the Location menu and selected it. The location based reminder worked, but I no longer need that location, so I deleted it from the Contacts. But when I go back into Reminders, select the reminder, then select Location, it's still there in the list as shown above.

I've tried to deleted it "locally" in the Location menu by touching, swiping, wiggling, etc., but nothing seems to bring up a Delete choice. It's already deleted from the Contacts.

How do I delete it?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: how do you delete a reminder location in iPhone 6S Plus, ver 9.3 ?

You don't say exactly what you did to try and delete it. Wiggle? Swipe? Where, what? Did you do these steps?

On your iPhone, open the Reminders app.
Select the "Home" reminder list.
Tap "Edit".
At the bottom of the list, tap "Delete List".

JimPS

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site

I thought I subscribed to this post but I guess not. Sorry for the delay in replying.

Following your suggestion, I deleted the reminder that used the location, but the location itself remains in the list. I see it when I select a different reminder, then turn on "Remind me at a location" for that reminder which allows me to choose from the location list. It's when I hit "Location" that I see the list consisting of:

"Current location" (factory default ios location)
"Getting in the car" (factory default ios location)
"Getting out of the car" (factory default ios location)
"Location 1" (this is the location I originally created in contacts and cannot delete)

In this menu, there is no DELETE button. I also cannot seem to delete it by tapping, double tapping, swiping, wiggling, holding, dragging, etc. The instructions I originally read said to create a location in my address book, but I think that's old ios verbiage. I'm not sure since the iphone 6s plus is my very first phone. Anyway, I created the location in my contacts, which was indeed available for use as a location based reminder. But once I wanted to get rid of the location I couldn't delete it from the location list. So then I went back to contacts and deleted it from there, but it remains in the reminder's, location base list.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Can you not delete the entire reminder? You can always add it back in without the location.

JimPS

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site

Sure, and I have. But I don't want the location list forever littered with locations that I used once or twice as an experiment. I can live with it.

ZynWoof

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Having same issues with both iPads & phones. Moved to new job & can't delete old addresses! Deleting lists & recreating did not help.

RdnckTrsh

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site

Can you not delete the entire reminder? You can always add it back in without the location.

He's talking about when you create a location based reminder. Create the reminder, tap the info icon, toggle 'remind me at location, then select location. When you select location you get a search bar, locations from your contact info, then all previous locations used for alerts. This is the list he wants to remove locations from if I understand him correctly.

a14ab03b533334141ee659857a2f42f9_thumb.jpg

I have a long list of locations here that I'd love to clean up but have never found a way. I understand keeping a populated list of location so they can be quickly accessed without having to search for them again but some locations are one time uses or just a location you want to remove and there is no obvious way to do this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2