Which cell phone carrier do you have?

D00mM4r1n3

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I have been using Verizon off and on for about 15 years now. They are the only carrier that has worked everywhere in the USA I have been. I tried AT&T, they have decent coverage but their customer service is hostile and incompetent. Also tried Sprint both as an MVNO and directly through them. Worst coverage of any carrier on Earth, hands-down. Couldn't make voice calls or receive data at home or at work. Never got more than 2 bars of signal and their own app store repeatedly failed to complete transactions. Supposedly they have invested in new upgrades to their coverage but I have seen no recent reviews to verify any improvement. I want to try T-Mobile but have also not seen any positive reviews of the service where I live. Verizon has been the only reliable service provider. The only complaints I ever see are customer service related, but I have never had a problem with them. Just 2 days ago I used their chat support to schedule a late bill payment for next week (got caught between paychecks broke-***-broke), they were very polite and gladly scheduled the payment for next week. Love them!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm currently with T-Mobile, been with them since 2013ish. I've used them around the world without any issues. Before them I had Verizon for 2 years, Sprint for 2 years, and AT&T for a few years.

Going for the cycle? lol

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
T-Mobile for almost 2 years best decision I made fast as heck in Spokane WA
b373e868965c34faf5684803eb11c29b.jpg

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
b4b4842e15324918c700953a5a568135.jpg

This was my result the other night on Sprint. Was sitting next to someone on Vetizon and they did their speed test and it was about 1/2 the speed of mine. Sprint's really come a long way.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone (started a thread about this on the 6S forum, but not as much action there)

TL;DR - What are your thoughts on T-Mobile service quality in the Ann Arbor area in particular and SE Michigan in general? (If you have experience with it)

Been on Verizon for a while now, and I am satisfied with their service. However, I could save a significant amount every month by switching to T-Mobile - more data, less money ftw.

The general perception is T-Mobile stinks when outside of major urban areas, as well as in buildings. But, with their "extended range" LTE, i.e., band 12 700 MHz service, those issues were supposed to improve. They've lit up band 12 in my area and all of Michigan according to both press releases and their coverage map. The Verizon 6S is compatible on TMo and supports band 12, and I'm not under contract or a device payment plan. While I could leave and just come back if it didn't work out, I'd rather not go through the hassle if not necessary.

So does anyone have any experience with T-Mobile in the area? Thanks in advance for your replies/thoughts.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone (started a thread about this on the 6S forum, but not as much action there)

TL;DR - What are your thoughts on T-Mobile service quality in the Ann Arbor area in particular and SE Michigan in general? (If you have experience with it)

Been on Verizon for a while now, and I am satisfied with their service. However, I could save a significant amount every month by switching to T-Mobile - more data, less money ftw.

The general perception is T-Mobile stinks when outside of major urban areas, as well as in buildings. But, with their "extended range" LTE, i.e., band 12 700 MHz service, those issues were supposed to improve. They've lit up band 12 in my area and all of Michigan according to both press releases and their coverage map. The Verizon 6S is compatible on TMo and supports band 12, and I'm not under contract or a device payment plan. While I could leave and just come back if it didn't work out, I'd rather not go through the hassle if not necessary.

So does anyone have any experience with T-Mobile in the area? Thanks in advance for your replies/thoughts.

I don't have T-Mobile myself but I have a few buddies who recently switched to them from VZW and they're very happy. I'm in Rochester Hills.

micklpickl

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been with Sprint for many years. (I switched to get the Palm Pre, if anyone remembers those!) The iPhone 5S was such a huge upgrade for me, as it was the first with LTE speeds. Now, really happy with Sprint's LTE speed and coverage in the major cities.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2