Why do Google apps work better on iOS?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In your experience, apps from Google work better, but not everyone will share your opinion. Anyway, I'm glad you're liking how well Google apps work on your device. Enjoy...

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm a new iPhone user coming from a galaxy note 5 and the Google apps work since much better! Ironic...

In general, the Google suite of Apps seem to work better on pure android devices, both in performance and services. The issue is, Samsung integration is arguably worse than the iOS integration. iOS performs extremely well, so the Google app experience is generally positive, but if you go to a real, pure android device, Google services are unmatched.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
In general, the Google suite of Apps seem to work better on pure android devices, both in performance and services. The issue is, Samsung integration is arguably worse than the iOS integration. iOS performs extremely well, so the Google app experience is generally positive, but if you go to a real, pure android device, Google services are unmatched.

I agree. I can't imagine Google apps work better on iOS than on Nexus devices. The problem with Android is the custom ROMs that smartphone manufacturers use to differentiate their devices from other Android phone makers.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 complainants about Apple Maps... 1) I can not pick my route the way I want to, for example with google maps I can choose to pick a route without tolls or avoid major highways 2) Google maps shows whats around and has an explore option, so when I go out of town it's really easy to pull up google maps and hit explore, and it shows me restaurants and things to do in the area.

and one last thing, pretty sure I just have something turned off on apple for this, But google maps knows where my home is and work. So if I type home in the search area it automatically knows the address

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77