6s Plus with 2 GB RAM smokes Galaxy Note 5 with 4 GB RAM

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Because usually those phones that bypass carriers lack camera quality or something else. It's always missing something. I'm quite tempted by the nexus 6p but it looks just terrible IMO.

*majority of iMore before 6s drops* We don't need more RAM! iPhone doesn't lag! Reloads don't bother me! Rabble Rabble! IPhone is perfect! Apple is perfect! How dare you for being critical!

*After 6s drops* OMG it's so fast! It's not reloading!

Hopefully iMore will take objective views instead of acting like Crackberry. Also hopefully I can figure out why my new 6s lags and stutters more than my Note 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
The problem isn't IMore it's the android central peepes that come here constantly bashing apple and praising android. Personally I could care less what someone I don't know thinks about anything.

If your phone lags then I would take it to an Apple Store because mine is fats rear than any other phone I've owned. And I've had a lot from Apple to BB to Android to Windows phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Because usually those phones that bypass carriers lack camera quality or something else. It's always missing something. I'm quite tempted by the nexus 6p but it looks just terrible IMO.

*majority of iMore before 6s drops* We don't need more RAM! iPhone doesn't lag! Reloads don't bother me! Rabble Rabble! IPhone is perfect! Apple is perfect! How dare you for being critical!

Hopefully iMore will take objective views instead of acting like Crackberry. Also hopefully I can figure out why my new 6s lags and stutters more than my Note 5.

What applications are you running? How long have you had the device?
Not every device will act exactly the same for every user. Not all devices will be perfect either as there can be manufacturing defects. As I've seen some have lag or freezing with a device, there are some who've had none. This is normal, everyone uses their devices differently. Some may have defective units, whether it be Apple, Samsung, Lumia, BlackBerry, etc.

My 6s was freezing up a little in the beginning. Turns out that it's a background, syncing, or indexing software issue. It resolved itself and went away within 24 hours. No problems since.

My Note 3 used to drop calls like flies with a swatter. Until I loaded a ROM. Then it was absolutely flawless. Again, probably software...

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

What OS are you on ? 9.1 solved any lag I had

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I had the Note 5. No doubt the best Note in performance. It was very smooth. The best Android experience I had for sure. Yes Samsung is very aggressive with Ram management. What's the point of having all that ram and Chrome is killed after opening like 4 apps after it. It was annoying. Yes it didn't take long to reload but you shouldn't have to. I didn't experience any lag whatsoever on my Note 5.

The 6S is a major improvement with 2GB of Ram. I can clearly see it after using the iPhone 6 for 7 months. It is night and day. I have absolutely no lag on my 6S Plus. I'm running 9.0.2 and it runs perfectly. It really goes to show you how efficient Apple is with software. I was always into the spec thing but man Apple alwsys has their head in the game. This phone purs like a kitten. Love it

Nicholas Kathrein

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the new Nexus 6P looks so sexy I'm so tempted to get it, ugh!

The Lannisters send their regards

Yes. I ordered the carbon black 64 gig nexus p. Ram isn't an issue when your running a nexus device. And yes there is a difference between the apple A9 in a 6s. It's the fastest out till the next qualcom 820 is released at the end of the month. So Android on the A9 would be faster than on the current processor, but you really cant use all that power on the phone.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Smokes?

Hardly. I own both. Both are pinnacle devices within their respective realms.

Manual mode Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus cameras are best smartphone cameras, bar none. iOS cameras have the best slow motion mode, particularly 240fps. Having the audio is great especially with pets. My minpin's growl sounds like a lion's roar!

My biggest gripe with iOS has always been the very limited zoom on photos in preview mode. TBH I didn't think there was much difference between the 6S plus and 6 plus photos when previewed on the phone. Looking at them on a 4K display, there is an amazing difference! I wish the camera's built in photo preview feature allowed a much deeper zoom. With a 12MP sensor, it needs to have much more zoom range.

The Note 5 even on Verizon with Samsung Touchwiz, is by far the most responsive Android device out of the box. Too bad it has a locked bootloader, I'd love to see what it could do with a tuned kernel and custom rom.

Well all isn't gloomy, iOS 9.x jailbreak is coming soon!

Lollipop could be the "Windows Vista" of Android. Let's see what Marshmallow brings to the table. Can they stop naming them after sweets?

MisterMike808

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Apple is in charge of the hardware and the software. This means everything is much more efficient and there's no need for an extreme amount of RAM. iPhone 6s does indeed smoke the galaxy note 5, its also less susceptible to malware and virus attacks and wayyy more sexy as well! :D

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I have the 6S+ and the Galaxy S6 Edge+ - the Note's much sexier sibling. ;) I didn't think I could enjoy a phone more than the Edge+, but aside from the looks and the camera, everything about the 6S+ is better. Kudos to Apple for doing whatever it does with the internals on this phone. (I have to admit that The Edge+ is a MUCH better looking phone though.)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Nah......I experienced no lag or freezes on my iPhone 6 at all. I don't get upset with people for being critical. Apple isn't into the specs race. My iPhone 6 killed my Note 4 after the Lollipop update where I enjoyed them equally before. So the fact that an underspecced device can another has tondo with OS and app optimisation. Can't throw hardware at it to correct bad coding.

Even with the awesome specs, I can't take a pic on my Note 4 and immediately view it. The phone freezes for several seconds. FB constantly crashes.

So nah.....I gently disagree with you. Peace out.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2