What's the fastest wifi speed you've seen on your 6s+?

jjtheprince

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Just curious as to what the fastest wifi speed anyone has seen on their device so far is?

I'm still on an N router at home & I've seen 62mb/s down & 5mb/s up. My old iphone 5c would really pull no higher than 42mb/s ever so I'd say wifi reception is much better.

Anyone out there on an AC router? I'm wondering if anyone can pull 100mb/s on one of those with a 6s+.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
6s plus here, I've seen it peak 110mbps standing by the router. Here's one on my AC router 5G on a 100mbps service and about 10ft away from the router.

ed7f5ffa56b7a73ca9591ac85da03596.jpg

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow, very nice! I thought 100mb would be possible on an AC router. I need to contact my ISP for an updated router now!

I definitely recommend AC and upgrading the router and service. I bought this router two weeks ago. Prior, I was on wireless N router and would only get 25-30mbps peak on 2G band. It's night and day difference after the upgrade. I can now AirPlay on my iPhone and rmbp with no hiccups!
Here is the router I bought if interested.

One thing I also noticed with the 6s+ I'm able to hold signal much better than the 6+ on areas farthest away from the router.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...219698444192%26skuId%3D9054017&token=pTHwcAWW

jjtheprince

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I definitely recommend AC and upgrading the router and service. I bought this router two weeks ago. Prior, I was on wireless N router and would only get 25-30mbps peak on 2G band. It's night and day difference after the upgrade. I can now AirPlay on my iPhone and rmbp with no hiccups!
Here is the router I bought if interested.

One thing I also noticed with the 6s+ I'm able to hold signal much better than the 6+ on areas farthest away from the router.

NETGEAR WirelessAC DualBand Gigabit Router with 4Port Ethernet Switch Black R6400-100NAS - Best Buy

Looks like a nice router!

I wish I could get my own equipment, but Charter is my isp and they've just recently locked everything down to where you can only use whatever equipment they provide. :(

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

I wish I could get my own equipment, but Charter is my isp and they've just recently locked everything down to where you can only use whatever equipment they provide. :(

Oh wow that sucks. Try to fight hem lol.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping I can pick a 6S+ up from best buy at the end of the month. Either way, whenever I can get one I will have probably switched to Google Fiber by then so I'm expecting to see around 600mbps download on it. I believe that's where the keynote said it peaks on wifi right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Are you sure? I thought that was illegal to force you to use there equipment.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure? I thought that was illegal to force you to use there equipment.

This is my thoughts as well. They should have a list of modems they support or approve but not routers. You should be able to get any routers you want.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
WiFi speed wise am using Apple Extreme router and best I see is about high 300 to low 400. This is wifi signal to and from iPhone 6s Plus.

image.jpg

As far as internet connection, I have Comcast Cable and in my area the fastest they currently offer is 105 Mbps. It varies above and below this number depending on time of day/load in my immediate neighborhood.

image.jpg

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh forgot to add, I am using my own modem, instead of the Comcast lease.
Arris SURFboard SB6183
It is capable of speeds up to 800 Mbps, so pretty future proof. If Comcast or if Rocket Fiber gets out to suburbs

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234