I've been reading how some people Are going to be doing the apple update program (one of my buddies is) but for those who just plan on buying the phone outright, what's your game plan? Are you going to go through the website at midnight tonight or pull an all nighter the night before the 25th to get your hands on the newest iPhone? Me personally, I plan on pulling an all nighter. I had a great time last year and there are more of us this year doing the apple event so I'm excited!!! And by the way I'm going with the 6Splus 64 gb in rose gold...with a nice leather case!
    09-11-2015 10:23 AM
    Pre-order online...have it shipped to my house. Wait for the UPS guy while sitting on my couch playing Xbox or watching a movie. I get the excitement and the atmosphere of going and getting in those monstrous lines, but that aint for me, been there, done that, got the t-shirt (literally, one year they were handing out Chickfila biscuits and t-shirts...lol!)
    zerog46 likes this.
    09-11-2015 10:27 AM
    If I decide to pre-order then I'll just set up a delivery to my job. Can't stand lines like that. Plus I'm not the type of person to get into conversations with strangers off-hand. My personality is pretty socially awkward.
    09-11-2015 11:37 AM
    My account rep is putting my order in for the 6s plus and 6s for me. I will have them in my paws on the 25th
    09-11-2015 11:42 AM
    I'll be standing in line, and it'll be my first time doing it! I've always had a preference for going to a brick and mortar store, walking out with the device, and sitting at a coffee shop while I set everything up. I've gotten several devices on launch day, but since most of them were "just another Android" I never really encountered a line. Are there still really long lines on launch day? How many hours ahead of store opening should I get there? If I want to get a silver 64gb 6+ on T-Mo's JUMP plan, would the best bet be to go to T-Mo or an Apple store? My usual T-More store and my nearest Apple store happen to be just across the street from each other. I might get up really early and check out the line situation in each of them. Anyone in the Leawood, KS area want to hang out at Town Center with me that morning??
    09-11-2015 01:42 PM
    Pre order, did the line a couple of years but I'm done with that...
    09-11-2015 01:48 PM
    Preorder on the Apple site.

I'll see if picking it up at the Pentagon City Mall is an option, and if it is, I'll go get it.
    09-11-2015 01:52 PM
    I'll be standing in line, and it'll be my first time doing it! I've always had a preference for going to a brick and mortar store, walking out with the device, and sitting at a coffee shop while I set everything up. I've gotten several devices on launch day, but since most of them were "just another Android" I never really encountered a line. Are there still really long lines on launch day? How many hours ahead of store opening should I get there? If I want to get a silver 64gb 6+ on T-Mo's JUMP plan, would the best bet be to go to T-Mo or an Apple store? My usual T-More store and my nearest Apple store happen to be just across the street from each other. I might get up really early and check out the line situation in each of them. Anyone in the Leawood, KS area want to hang out at Town Center with me that morning??
    I've only waited in line once, and it was AWESOME. And yes, there are REALLY long lines. If I were you, and I'm doing it fo the eperience, I'd hit the Apple store. Otherwise I would do it online and then jump on the pajama party thread.
    09-11-2015 01:55 PM
    I know from last year there were like 200 people by the time the Apple Store opened. and we got to the mall at 630 and we were 8th and 9th in line. By like 10 the line was over 100 people. I'd say go to the Apple Store but there were two guys in front of us who both wanted 6 pluses on t-mobile and there weren't any at the Apple Store. They had quite a few 6s for Verizon and att and for the plus there was like 20 att and 20 Verizon. Probably have the people in line didn't get a phone just because the stock wasn't very big. I'm assuming they will have a better stock with it being two weeks away and then also taking reservations but I would try and get there as early as possible. And if you are willing to just buy the phone outright you can buy an unlocked att phone which will work on T-Mobile.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-11-2015 02:11 PM
    I know from last year there were like 200 people by the time the Apple Store opened. and we got to the mall at 630 and we were 8th and 9th in line. By like 10 the line was over 100 people. I'd say go to the Apple Store but there were two guys in front of us who both wanted 6 pluses on t-mobile and there weren't any at the Apple Store. They had quite a few 6s for Verizon and att and for the plus there was like 20 att and 20 Verizon. Probably have the people in line didn't get a phone just because the stock wasn't very big. I'm assuming they will have a better stock with it being two weeks away and then also taking reservations but I would try and get there as early as possible. And if you are willing to just buy the phone outright you can buy an unlocked att phone which will work on T-Mobile.
    630pm the night before or 630am the day of? If 630am then those are short linesI went to my local Apple Store last year and got there about 9pm and there were already some 50 people in front of me.
    09-11-2015 02:46 PM
    630 the night before...we stood in line for over 15 hours
    09-11-2015 03:02 PM
    I think last year was special because everyone was certain (correctly it turned out) that the Plus would be in short supply. I'm thinking Apple should have a better idea of the ratio of 6S to 6S+ that they need this year. So hopefully people won't feel the need to line up so early this year.
    09-11-2015 03:05 PM
    Pre-order online...have it shipped to my house. Wait for the UPS guy while sitting on my couch playing Xbox or watching a movie. I get the excitement and the atmosphere of going and getting in those monstrous lines, but that aint for me, been there, done that, got the t-shirt (literally, one year they were handing out Chickfila biscuits and t-shirts...lol!)
    I couldn't imagine standing in line, I'll let the UPS driver do all the work for me.
    09-12-2015 08:00 AM
    I'll be waiting in line at Charlotte, NC. I've done it the past two years. It's a great atmosphere and I have made some good friends throughout the years. This will also be the first year that I will have my old iPhone with me because I'm selling it afterwards. The two years before I have been stuck waiting with a blackberry bold because I sold my previous iPhone. This will be a welcome edition.
    09-12-2015 12:37 PM
    I couldn't imagine standing in line, I'll let the UPS driver do all the work for me.
    There are some fun aspects to it...the energy level as the store starts to open is cool, and every year I stood in line, Apple did SOMETHING to keep people interested and excited (the last time, as said before, it was t-shirts and biscuits, the year before that I remember they kept having little contests and were giving away iTunes gift cards and bottled waters). I totally get why people still do it...it's an "event" that many people enjoy just for the social aspect of it. I'm just not personally one of those people...I enjoy sitting my lazy *** on my couch and waiting for the concierge to call me and tell me UPS just dropped it off.

I live in a really busy market though (Atlanta), so the closest store to me just happens to be the most popular Apple store as well, and I know people were camping out DAYS before the release date last year. We actually had a new Apple store open last year around release time, and that place wouldn't even let you in to buy a case without some kind of reservation or getting in the ridiculously long line.
    pantlesspenguin and blasted11 like this.
    09-12-2015 12:42 PM
    I stood in line for the 5s. It was my first time and it was great! I have no intention on doing it again! LOL

Now that I think about it...I'll probably go to one of the Apple stores here and take pics just for the heck of it!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by firstborn80; 09-12-2015 at 01:53 PM.
    09-12-2015 01:38 PM
    More than likely I will be standing in line on the 25th. I've already starded packing and fixing my Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner......SMILE
    09-12-2015 01:49 PM
    Well I've reserved for in store pick up to buy my phone outright. So I will get to experience some of the launch day fun. I actually thought I'd be lining up because I wasn't confidant that I'd be able to get on line and put my order in (vacation -poor internet) but although it took me a good 2 hours I managed to get my reservation in for in store pick up.
    09-12-2015 02:34 PM
    I put a reservation so will be picking up mine on launch day. I used the iPhone upgrade program link but will be paying it outright at the time of pick up.
    09-12-2015 03:48 PM
    I always order online, but one year I will line up just to say I have.
    zerog46 likes this.
    09-12-2015 05:19 PM
    People still do this? In the past I've had success buying 's' in the afternoon from Apple and some Best Buy. Try to call around if you want to avoid the lines on launch day. But I get it people just want to line up and waste hours of their time when you could have easily pre-ordered or reserved in store.
    09-12-2015 05:56 PM
    I actually woke up around 2:30 this morning so I went to my MBP Retina and waited, read some articles and when 3am hit on the East Coast I started my order process, it took about 20-25 minutes aall told to get it done but mine will arrive at my home on the 25th.

I did consider the Apple trade in program but with AT&T Next I get $25 off my Smartphone fee so saving $300 a year was more important than adding yet another card to my name to manage. Perhaps down the road or at the least if they had allowed people to come in before pre-ordering and getting things set up that would have been better.
    09-12-2015 06:16 PM
    ouch..!
    09-12-2015 06:29 PM
    Anyone else here know about that Dunkin Donuts grand opening in Santa Monica last year? They did the whole waiting in line overnight thing. Pretty funny,and I say if it's what you want to do...for any launch,then more power to you. It's a free and beautiful country here and things like that only make me smile. I never put people down for things like that.
    simplylaurakb likes this.
    09-12-2015 06:40 PM
    I always preordered but stood in line last year and that was one of the most horrific experiences of my life lol. This year I realized you can just reserve your phone for I store pickup so I have an appointment to pick it up between 9:30-10 am on the 25th. Only thing that annoyed me was there were so many problems with the website last night with me logging in that by them I could what I wanted was gone at all the stores except the one I went to last year (which I've always disliked anyway) but I bit the bullet and reserved it there and I am hoping for the best.
    09-12-2015 06:46 PM
46 12