Standing in line!!!

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading how some people Are going to be doing the apple update program (one of my buddies is) but for those who just plan on buying the phone outright, what's your game plan? Are you going to go through the website at midnight tonight or pull an all nighter the night before the 25th to get your hands on the newest iPhone? Me personally, I plan on pulling an all nighter. I had a great time last year and there are more of us this year doing the apple event so I'm excited!!! And by the way I'm going with the 6Splus 64 gb in rose gold...with a nice leather case!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Pre-order online...have it shipped to my house. Wait for the UPS guy while sitting on my couch playing Xbox or watching a movie. I get the excitement and the atmosphere of going and getting in those monstrous lines, but that aint for me, been there, done that, got the t-shirt (literally, one year they were handing out Chickfila biscuits and t-shirts...lol!)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If I decide to pre-order then I'll just set up a delivery to my job. Can't stand lines like that. Plus I'm not the type of person to get into conversations with strangers off-hand. My personality is pretty socially awkward.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My account rep is putting my order in for the 6s plus and 6s for me. I will have them in my paws on the 25th :)

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'll be standing in line, and it'll be my first time doing it! I've always had a preference for going to a brick and mortar store, walking out with the device, and sitting at a coffee shop while I set everything up. I've gotten several devices on launch day, but since most of them were "just another Android" I never really encountered a line. Are there still really long lines on launch day? How many hours ahead of store opening should I get there? If I want to get a silver 64gb 6+ on T-Mo's JUMP plan, would the best bet be to go to T-Mo or an Apple store? My usual T-More store and my nearest Apple store happen to be just across the street from each other. I might get up really early and check out the line situation in each of them. Anyone in the Leawood, KS area want to hang out at Town Center with me that morning??

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Preorder on the Apple site.

I'll see if picking it up at the Pentagon City Mall is an option, and if it is, I'll go get it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll be standing in line, and it'll be my first time doing it! I've always had a preference for going to a brick and mortar store, walking out with the device, and sitting at a coffee shop while I set everything up. I've gotten several devices on launch day, but since most of them were "just another Android" I never really encountered a line. Are there still really long lines on launch day? How many hours ahead of store opening should I get there? If I want to get a silver 64gb 6+ on T-Mo's JUMP plan, would the best bet be to go to T-Mo or an Apple store? My usual T-More store and my nearest Apple store happen to be just across the street from each other. I might get up really early and check out the line situation in each of them. Anyone in the Leawood, KS area want to hang out at Town Center with me that morning??

I've only waited in line once, and it was AWESOME. And yes, there are REALLY long lines. If I were you, and I'm doing it fo the eperience, I'd hit the Apple store. Otherwise I would do it online and then jump on the pajama party thread.

ALborntoride

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I know from last year there were like 200 people by the time the Apple Store opened. and we got to the mall at 630 and we were 8th and 9th in line. By like 10 the line was over 100 people. I'd say go to the Apple Store but there were two guys in front of us who both wanted 6 pluses on t-mobile and there weren't any at the Apple Store. They had quite a few 6s for Verizon and att and for the plus there was like 20 att and 20 Verizon. Probably have the people in line didn't get a phone just because the stock wasn't very big. I'm assuming they will have a better stock with it being two weeks away and then also taking reservations but I would try and get there as early as possible. And if you are willing to just buy the phone outright you can buy an unlocked att phone which will work on T-Mobile.

cgr1971

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Pre-order online...have it shipped to my house. Wait for the UPS guy while sitting on my couch playing Xbox or watching a movie. I get the excitement and the atmosphere of going and getting in those monstrous lines, but that aint for me, been there, done that, got the t-shirt (literally, one year they were handing out Chickfila biscuits and t-shirts...lol!)

I couldn't imagine standing in line, I'll let the UPS driver do all the work for me.

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll be waiting in line at Charlotte, NC. I've done it the past two years. It's a great atmosphere and I have made some good friends throughout the years. This will also be the first year that I will have my old iPhone with me because I'm selling it afterwards. The two years before I have been stuck waiting with a blackberry bold because I sold my previous iPhone. This will be a welcome edition.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't imagine standing in line, I'll let the UPS driver do all the work for me.

There are some fun aspects to it...the energy level as the store starts to open is cool, and every year I stood in line, Apple did SOMETHING to keep people interested and excited (the last time, as said before, it was t-shirts and biscuits, the year before that I remember they kept having little contests and were giving away iTunes gift cards and bottled waters). I totally get why people still do it...it's an "event" that many people enjoy just for the social aspect of it. I'm just not personally one of those people...I enjoy sitting my lazy *** on my couch and waiting for the concierge to call me and tell me UPS just dropped it off.

I live in a really busy market though (Atlanta), so the closest store to me just happens to be the most popular Apple store as well, and I know people were camping out DAYS before the release date last year. We actually had a new Apple store open last year around release time, and that place wouldn't even let you in to buy a case without some kind of reservation or getting in the ridiculously long line.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I stood in line for the 5s. It was my first time and it was great! I have no intention on doing it again! LOL

Now that I think about it...I'll probably go to one of the Apple stores here and take pics just for the heck of it!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
More than likely I will be standing in line on the 25th. I've already starded packing and fixing my Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner......SMILE

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I've reserved for in store pick up to buy my phone outright. So I will get to experience some of the launch day fun. I actually thought I'd be lining up because I wasn't confidant that I'd be able to get on line and put my order in (vacation -poor internet) but although it took me a good 2 hours I managed to get my reservation in for in store pick up.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I put a reservation so will be picking up mine on launch day. I used the iPhone upgrade program link but will be paying it outright at the time of pick up.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
People still do this? In the past I've had success buying 's' in the afternoon from Apple and some Best Buy. Try to call around if you want to avoid the lines on launch day. But I get it people just want to line up and waste hours of their time when you could have easily pre-ordered or reserved in store.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I actually woke up around 2:30 this morning so I went to my MBP Retina and waited, read some articles and when 3am hit on the East Coast I started my order process, it took about 20-25 minutes aall told to get it done but mine will arrive at my home on the 25th.

I did consider the Apple trade in program but with AT&T Next I get $25 off my Smartphone fee so saving $300 a year was more important than adding yet another card to my name to manage. Perhaps down the road or at the least if they had allowed people to come in before pre-ordering and getting things set up that would have been better.