Hello,
    I'm having an issue with my Iphone 6. By tweaking a bit I've lost the contacts my phone and cannot recover them even after icloud nor google drive recovery. But all the numbers appear on my whatsapp with no names in the chat. Is there a way to recover them from this point?

Thank you.

Iphone 6 OS version : 10.3.3
    06-27-2018 04:01 PM
    What do you mean by "tweaking a bit"? Are they iCloud contacts, Google, or what? Did you try toggling contacts off in settlngs > iCloud, then toggling back on?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-27-2018 04:25 PM
    Hello,
    I'm having an issue with my Iphone 6. By tweaking a bit I've lost the contacts my phone and cannot recover them even after icloud nor google drive recovery. But all the numbers appear on my whatsapp with no names in the chat. Is there a way to recover them from this point?

Thank you.

Iphone 6 OS version : 10.3.3
    There are multiple answers to this question.

First of all, go to iCloud.com/#contacts on a computer and see if the contacts are still there.
    You mentioned google, so it’s wise to look for you contacts in there too, but don’t forget to check if those contacts even have phone numbers instead of just email address(es).

If one of the above have your contacts with phone numbers in it, go to Settings > iCloud > and toggle off contacts, restart your iPhone and toggle it back on.
    For google contacts you have to go to Settings > Passwords and accounts and do it in there.

As for recovering contacts from WhatsApp, you can easily add those numbers by going to each chat and it to your contacts but you’ll have to know to whom that number belongs to to start with.
    It’s a slow and cumbersome process though.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-22-2018 06:26 AM