Iphone 6: Missing contacts on phone but all the numbers show on whatsapp

GDubMike

Jun 27, 2018
Visit site
Hello,
I'm having an issue with my Iphone 6. By tweaking a bit I've lost the contacts my phone and cannot recover them even after icloud nor google drive recovery. But all the numbers appear on my whatsapp with no names in the chat. Is there a way to recover them from this point?

Thank you.

Iphone 6 OS version : 10.3.3

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by "tweaking a bit"? Are they iCloud contacts, Google, or what? Did you try toggling contacts off in settlngs > iCloud, then toggling back on?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I'm having an issue with my Iphone 6. By tweaking a bit I've lost the contacts my phone and cannot recover them even after icloud nor google drive recovery. But all the numbers appear on my whatsapp with no names in the chat. Is there a way to recover them from this point?

Thank you.

Iphone 6 OS version : 10.3.3

There are multiple answers to this question.

First of all, go to iCloud.com/#contacts on a computer and see if the contacts are still there.
You mentioned google, so it’s wise to look for you contacts in there too, but don’t forget to check if those contacts even have phone numbers instead of just email address(es).

If one of the above have your contacts with phone numbers in it, go to Settings > iCloud > and toggle off contacts, restart your iPhone and toggle it back on.
For google contacts you have to go to Settings > Passwords and accounts and do it in there.

As for recovering contacts from WhatsApp, you can easily add those numbers by going to each chat and it to your contacts but you’ll have to know to whom that number belongs to to start with.
It’s a slow and cumbersome process though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2