iMessage, no sound for reply (with app open)

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I cant figure this out. With iMessage open, i do not get a sound when someone replies? There is a sound when I send, and the normal notification sound (if the app is closed) - but open.. there is nothing.

iOS 11.2.1

any ideas?

EDIT: No it has always made and incoming and outgoing sound. My wifes does it, my old phone did it 11.2.1 (iphone 6 - i took my sons 6 because he got a pixel 2) - this is only on his phone.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's the way the messaging app is set up. If it's open you won't get a sound when you receive another message.

Wrong. I get the incoming swoosh sound on my 6s Plus while on the thread. But my wife doesn't on her iPhone 7. I'm on iOS 10.1.1, and she's on the latest OS. Maybe it's an iOS 11 bug.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
odd the reply box wasnt here.. lol now it shows after i edited..

No it has always made and incoming and outgoing sound. My wifes does it, my old phone did it 11.2.1 (iphone 6 - i took my sons 6 because he got a pixel 2) - this is only on his phone.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Interesting.

I never got a sound when the thread is open on all my iPhones. I kind of like that because late at Night when I’m chatting I don’t wake my girlfriend

I could just mute it but that’s more work 🤪

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Just tested with my wife and son and I'm getting incoming and outgoing swish sounds with the app open. I get the sounds even if I'm typing a reply and get an incoming message.

iOS 11.2.2

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
ok now the sound has returned!?? wtf i didnt do anything. BUT... now the replies are out of order????

I say something, she replies.... but her reply appears ABOVE (before) my message!?? Its not timing... I say "I let the dogs out" she says "Thanks"... and its slides up one spot so its like she said it first

omg...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77