English keyboard correcting German words to English

FCBMunchen

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Okay so I switch between German and English a lot and whenever I use the English keyboard to type in German it corrects the German words to English words. Basically what I'm asking is if there is a way to prevent this without turning off spell check or using the German keyboard. I really dislike the German keyboard haha.

TheVillagePrince

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Okay so I switch between German and English a lot and whenever I use the English keyboard to type in German it corrects the German words to English words. Basically what I'm asking is if there is a way to prevent this without turning off spell check or using the German keyboard. I really dislike the German keyboard haha.

I have the same issue but with a different language... It's a painful process but you have to click on the word you typed as it appears on the extreme left of the 'suggested' word list above the keyboard ... The word iPhone will replace will be in bold but your word is on the left of that.. You have to click on that word before you press the space bar.... After a while the iPhone gets used to the new English words and you can type them without an issue but it would take about a month ...

Hope this makes sense... If not I'll use pictures to explain..

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Exactly what @TheVillagePrince said. You might also try a third party keyboard that allows multilingual typing like SwiftKey.
SwiftKey actually lists typing in two languages without switching keyboards as one of its features in its App Store listing.
SwiftKey Keyboard by SwiftKey
https://appsto.re/us/qWsw2.i

gewappnet

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Then don't use the German keyboard. It's pretty simple:
Einstellungen -> Allgemein -> Tastatur -> Tastaturen -> Deutsch (Deutschland) -> QWERTY

This way you have the German auto correction, but the English keyboard (QWERTY). I use it the other way around, the German keyboard (QWERTZ) with English auto correction.

FCBMunchen

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Then don't use the German keyboard. It's pretty simple:
Einstellungen -> Allgemein -> Tastatur -> Tastaturen -> Deutsch (Deutschland) -> QWERTY

This way you have the German auto correction, but the English keyboard (QWERTY). I use it the other way around, the German keyboard (QWERTZ) with English auto correction.

Thanks never even thought of that!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2