Back to iPhone 6

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I switched from iPhone 6 to galaxy s6 edge and now I'm back. With the 3gb of ram and high performance the phone was terrible. Battery died fast the ram problem was annoying and so much lag it got me annoyed. Since 6am with moderate usage 11 hours later my iPhone 6 is at 87% did apple do something to improve battery like wow

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I played with an s6 @ Best Buy the other day & was totally unimpressed. The OS is laggy, and a bit jerky...and although Samsung has finally come up to speed as far as build materials and fit/finish, it's still cheap feeling as opposed to the Apple product.

I've kicked around the idea of trying Android, but I'm staying with iPhone. It just works!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The only android phone worth trying is the note 4
The Note 4 and its awesomeness can certainly inspire that opinion. I've played with a Nexus 6 and recently bought a Nexus 5 and can assure you that the Note 4 is not the only Android phone worth having. Now, if I could only have one phone I must admit it would have to be my Note 4 and not my 6 Plus. The Note 4 just has a lot of character and is fun to use. That doesn't even take into account the S Pen. Most apps do, however, look nicer on iOS IMO.

from the Elegance

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. Samsung s6 edge is a beautiful phone. But the Samsung os and Android os was to much for it to handle. The ram issue they haven't even addressed yet!

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
In Finland s6 users have reported that some new update has fixed ram problems and battery problems (17h on, 3.6 h screen on time) and still has 13% left. But on the other hand the same update haven't fixed problems for others.
Glad I'm not on android. The most heard solution seems to be there " clear the cache, then it might work".

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 and its awesomeness can certainly inspire that opinion. I've played with a Nexus 6 and recently bought a Nexus 5 and can assure you that the Note 4 is not the only Android phone worth having. Now, if I could only have one phone I must admit it would have to be my Note 4 and not my 6 Plus. The Note 4 just has a lot of character and is fun to use. That doesn't even take into account the S Pen. Most apps do, however, look nicer on iOS IMO.

from the Elegance

That's exactly my point. Of all the android phones if you had to carry one phone it would be the note 4. Nexus 5 is almost the perfect phone but the camera and battery life had me sell it. Nexus 6 is just too big. Note 4 is big enough but still manageable and great camera. BUT, iOS itself is still a better overall experience all together.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome back! I had a similar experience with my 2014 Moto X. I love the phone, still have it and use it, but I just don't keep my SIM in it. I keep it in my iPhone 99% of the time. The battery on the Moto X drains like crazy as well. I'm lucky if it "only" drops 3% per hour, compared to the iPhone which drops less than 1% per hour.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I switched from iPhone 6 to galaxy s6 edge and now I'm back. With the 3gb of ram and high performance the phone was terrible. Battery died fast the ram problem was annoying and so much lag it got me annoyed. Since 6am with moderate usage 11 hours later my iPhone 6 is at 87% did apple do something to improve battery like wow

The reasonable resolution screen and dual core processor of the iPhone doesn't murder batteries like QHD screens and octo core processors.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The reasonable resolution screen and dual core processor of the iPhone doesn't murder batteries like QHD screens and octo core processors.
Well, to be fair the Note 4 generally gets great battery life and it has an enviable QHD screen. My 6 Plus' screen easily looks as good to me though and that phone gets voodoo-like battery life. I swear there are little aliens inside it using weird technology to make the battery last and last.

from the Elegance

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll be upgrading to the 6s and leaving my Galaxy S6. This phone has the worst battery life I've ever experienced and I'm constantly getting booted out of group threads. I thought I had the texting problem fixed because I was able to keep a group thread going for a month but about 4 days ago I realized I was no longer seeing texts from the other group members again. Very frustrating.

Sent from a far away Galaxy

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I thought I wanted a change from iOS so I tried the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active for about 2 weeks....the battery life was great on that phone, but to be honest I just missed iOS and the fluidity and seamless user experience of my iPhone 6. I'm so glad I held on to my iPhone 6. I will use the S6 Active as a back up maybe or as a small reader, as the screen is a tad bit bigger than my iPhone 6, but I love my iPhone!