iphone 6 still having battery issues

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm on my second battery with this iphone 6. Got one almost a year ago from when I bought it. They said it was beyond it's lifespan. Then all the talk about the batteries recently I went for another. Not a month later and it's already seeming like it's draining fast. My usage is normal. But I'm wondering if the fact my cell service seems like crap in the poor weather. Would that cause the battery to drain faster if it's searching signal. I get the circle thing up near my cell signal on the top left alot when the weather is poor. NOt sure if related or what. But getting frustrated.

Having too many apps I don't use wouldn't be an issue would it?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Battery life on any device is a complicated beast. I only use my iPhone for phone calls and text nowadays compared to when I use to use my smartphones for everything, but that has changed and so has my iPhone battery consumption.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I try to look at battery consumption. Might have to look further into apps that run in the background. Turn ones off that don't need to be. I always keep a spare battery pack with me if not near an outlet.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 6 Plus same here. I also started a thread to try and get answers. Battery had been replaced. But that screen where it shows battery consumption does not show in this phone. Did the OS update yesterday and also reset phone and still did not get that screenshot. Within 4 hours of just surfing the web and texts and calls I drop way too much. Thinking if i add a battery pack I might at least get a full day combined.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
79a670cb3aff53e200584783596fe2c3.jpg

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
What does resetting the phone actually do? I have never wanted to cause I don't want to lose anything. I'll restart it to see if that does anything cause maybe it gets backed up. I did the last update the other day. I'll have to go check and see what it shows for battery usage now. Maybe I am on stuff more than it seems but I also think maybe my cell signal is draining it. Sometimes 1 or 2 bars and it searches signal could waste battery?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods