Simplify my smartphone addiction

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently a Note 4 user and always feel like I'm looking for something better on Android. I've been through a Galaxy 4, Turbo and now have had a Note 4 for about a year. It was fine until I got the Lollipop update and now the lag and battery life are awful. Other than that the hardware call quality and camera are great. After trying a factory reset a few times I'm tired of always having to tweak certain things to fix problems on android and then waiting for carrier to push out an update. I'd rather have consistency across the platform and not just hope I get an update...maybe.

Anyways I'm trying to simplify and find a device that works for me and one that I'm not having to play with all the time to fix issues. Current priorities are battery and camera. I'm really considering either the iphone 6 with Mophie case, iphone 6 plus and dare I say it a windows phone. Not worried about the IOS transition as there are other iphones and ipads in the house.

Between the iphone 6 with Mophie and iphone 6 plus which one will have better battery life and reasonable size? For reference I've always thought the Note 4 stunk using one handed. I can however easily carry it in my pocket as the phone is thin.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 6 Plus is not friendly for one handed use, even with the accessibility feature of double tapping the home button to lower the screen down. If that concerns you, the 6 Plus will probably not satisfy you in that regard.

The iPhone 6, on the other hand, does very well with one handed usage. That said, with a mophie case, you're adding a lot of bulk and weight to the phone, and I personally don't care for battery cases at all, so I never really consider them options for me.

An iphone 6 with a mophie case will get more battery life than a normal 6 Plus will regardless of how you use your phone. My iPhone 6 Plus, depending on usage, ranges anywhere from 9-12 hours of battery life MAX. I think the 6 is normally in the 7-9 range, but with a mophie case, you 'll exceed 12 hours almost unquestionably.

Camera is great on both phones...with the edge going to the 6 Plus because of the optical image stabilization function (which is not included on the iPhone 6). Several people have said this feature isn't all that important to them because it does have limitations on which it can be used...but my personal approach to this is that I prefer to have the larger features set, so that qualifies it as "better" in my opinion in terms of camera performance.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok I have owned both a Note 4 and now an Iphone 6 Plus. I have also owned the gargantuan Sony Ultra. The iPhone 6 Plus is really not that bad it does NOT feel as big as it is, because it is so thin and because of it's sleek curved design. Battery life is pretty good, better than i expected. So far i can easily get thru a day and i'm fine the next day if I forget to charge at night although at some point on the 2nd day it will die unless I deal with it, which i always do. But my morning alarm and any early calls are fine, on the 2nd day. As a BlackBerry and Android user there WERE some things I had to get used to, BUT it wasn't bad since I was already familiar with the eco system via iPads and iPod touch devices (I still own an iPad Air). There are a couple of annoying bugs, BUT isn't that the case with any OS? In particular the headphone jack placement is bad, at the bottom of the device, not the top or side, also some headphones trigger phantom sessions of siri and thus make them impossible to use. Fortunately the headphone's they include are pretty good and don't do this, also bluetooth headphones don't do it either. Other than that small issue I love my 6 Plus. :)

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'd recommend trying an iPhone 6. You should be able to try it for a few days to see how you like it and judge its battery life. If it's not for you you'll probably know within 14 days (the US Buyer's Remorse period). I love my 6 Plus but I think big phones are great.

from mobile

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I am in agreement with Sean in all that he said. The only difference being that in my case, I valued the one-handed use of the 6 over the feature set of the 6+. Admittedly I still struggle with this 10 months later because there are various situations where having the larger screen would be nice.

One thing I want to toss out there since I am not sure you are aware (being an android user)....the next iPhones should be announced and subsequently released in September (based on the past). I just want you to be aware since we are so close and perhaps this could/would influence your decisions.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies all. I would most likely go with the standard iphone and I want easier one handed use after using the Note 4. I'm really interested in hearing move about iphone with the battery cases. I see the incipio makes one too.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies all. I would most likely go with the standard iphone and I want easier one handed use after using the Note 4. I'm really interested in hearing move about iphone with the battery cases. I see the incipio makes one too.

My 21 year old nephew swears by his mophie. Now this is a kid that is hard on a phone, lots of calls, texts, facetime and skype and with his case he gets thru the day.

ChuckG73

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
For battery and OIS the size of the iPhone 6 Plus is very manageable. Also if you tap the home button twice it brings the top of the screen down in thumbs reach. I find after having the Nexus 6 the plus is much more manageable.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the juice pack plus on my iPhone 6, the combo is really great while holding it in palms, and I still can use the iPhone with 1 hand.
The mophie comes with 3300mAh, added to the phone battery, I go 2 full days with not heavy usage and not light usage. I'm on phone call most the of day, like 4h of phone call in the day, and I safari a lot on it or do some translations, all this on LTE or 3G.
I never use my iPhone lightly, so I don't know how the battery combo will be, but I guess that I can go 3 to 4 days with light usage. The buttons on the mophie are very well designed, and soft to push, and I like bulky on the iPhone, it's hard for it to fall from my hand, I also hard to forget I have the phone in my pocket.
I say, go for it, the combo mophie juice pack plus and iPhone 6 is really awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Do you know if he has the juice pack plus or the juice pack air? The air looks to be slightly smaller.

I will ask him. I called but he did not answer. He might be sleeping. He works in his father's bakery and starts work at like 3 am. Often he sleeps at my parent's (his grand parents) when he get's off work.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you know if he has the juice pack plus or the juice pack air? The air looks to be slightly smaller.

The Air has a smaller battery than the Plus, so it is smaller, and the Air also only gives you an extra 80% battery life while the Plus gives you an extra 100% doubling your battery life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2