Googe Photos and the iPhone camera roll duplication.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm a recent covert to the iPhone 6 coming from Android.

I really like Google photo's and was surprised to see there was a version for IOS, to which I have now installed and recovered all of my previous pictures from my Android device onto my 6.

A query - although pictures taken with my phone go right to Google Photo gallery, they also go to the iPhone's camera roll.

Is there any way to set a default location and/or app to store only one set of images instead of duplicating any photos taken.

The reason I ask is that I only have 16GB phone. If all of my images are duplicated, I foresee a problem with storage capacity further down the line - which, of course could be remedied by emptying out the photos and back them up off the device.

Many thanks.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Once they back up, you can delete the photo from your camera roll. You can do that every week to save time and space. Other than that, I don't know any solution for setting a default storage location. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What I do is turn the auto upload off after the initial upload of all photos. Then going forward I select photos to add individually. I don't turn auto upload back on. I have too many photos and images I don't want to keep. I mostly use Box and Dropbox for photos anyway. I organize them in folders and subfolders. I have noticed the Google Photos app grows cache too much. I have to delete the app and reinstall it often. I don't like that.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77