Is iPhone 6, 16GB Model enough for a Normal User ?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
7b3ca2b2b66e1d0489346510f4126b2c.jpg

d0e8c59135e9fb19a0d5c23847b88942.jpg

And this is on a 128GB iPhone 6 plus. Take away the movies and games I still have like 2 gb of music, Facebook takes a decent chunk and also photos gotten as high as 2.5GB before I cleaned some out. Also video is taking up a bit of space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
It's plenty if you only keep about 4 gigs of music. Many users have no music at all on their phone. I've made do with the 16 gb iP 5 for almost 2 years now. My limitations are a lot of music and huge apps over 300 mb.

Eh I only have like 6-7 albums saved on my phone and is already taking 2 GB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm a normal user. I keep maximum 100-200 songs, and about 50-60 apps on my phone. I prefer streaming videos on my phone and not to keep them downloaded. I don't watch movies or play much games on it. I have a PC for that. But the thing that is forcing me to ask the same question is, how much storage does the new "Timelapse" and 240FPS Slo-Mo takes up (for a short duration, say like 20-30 secs). I have no idea about it. And yes, I am near a PC all the time so I prefer to keep my backup of my photos and videos on my PC.
I thought you said you were a normal user... I have about 6500 songs on my iPhone and about 30 apps, including the ones I cannot delete because their part of the firmware.
So I have around 3-4Gb storage left for the camera. Please give your views about it.
Get the 64GB phone. You should try to keep at least 1GB unused for the phone to use as slack space, and depending on your actual usage, there is a usage category in iOS called "Other" that is not well-defined, is not under your control, and can grow or shrink in what appears to be an arbitrary manner. Mine typically hovers around 1.2GB, I've seen it as low as 800MB and as large as ~2GB.

While straight-up photos aren't that big off the iPhone 6 (mine are all less than 2MB each), video may be another matter, especially slow-mo which uses more frames-per-second.

DeenaS

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm a little confused on how iCloud works with the photos. If I remove the photos from my phone, will they be removed from the iCloud as well?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little confused on how iCloud works with the photos. If I remove the photos from my phone, will they be removed from the iCloud as well?

Look at it the same way as if you have photos both on the camera roll and in an album in the photos app. If you delete a photo from the camera roll, it's also deleted from the album.

joker256

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I have 16gb version of the iPhone 6+ and it's plenty. That saying, I do use drop box for my photos. I also use spotify instead of buying tons of songs.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little late coming into this thread but honestly I regretted getting my 16G iPad the second I realised that I could only put six films on it and no music. So on a phone, between my music and my pictures, I would no way be able to live with 16G.

For a young teenager, it's probably enough. For someone in the mid teens or an adult, I would not recommend it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm a little late coming into this thread but honestly I regretted getting my 16G iPad the second I realised that I could only put six films on it and no music. So on a phone, between my music and my pictures, I would no way be able to live with 16G.

For a young teenager, it's probably enough. For someone in the mid teens or an adult, I would not recommend it.

The problems is that it is never 16GB.

ef05744ae9d5d13fd4c93be74ced14b2.jpg

I have a 128GB iPad yet only have 114GB avaliable to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Well the OS itself always takes up room.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd say no. The OS itself seems to take up more space as more non-removable apps keep getting thrown into the fray. I'd venture to say that for only $100 more, you're getting more than double the space!

You'll be less conscientious of the space and enjoy the device more I think. It's ultimately up to you but if you plan to keep it awhile, you'll either need the physical space or be dependent on cloud services.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Well the OS itself always takes up room.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

But that's the problem. I had a 16GB iPhone 4 and it was OK because I had around 14-15GB to be able to use myself. Now the iPhone 6 has around 11-13 I believe.

xNeezzy

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I don't keep music or photos on my iPhone, just apps and use it for a phone, so 16 gb is fine for me!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Personally I think apple should do away with 16gig phones. Most people I know with the 16gig model are always juggling space issues.

I'm in that camp! I got a 16GB 5c to save money and I'm always having space issues. I'm a normal user too. I went to put my first movie on the phone and ...no way... Not even close to enough room. I have about 55 app, and 700 songs and 40 podcast episodes. That about takes up my space.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Right same. I have like 30 songs on my phone and have my music on an iPod classic

I have a 128GB iPhone so it's not a huge deal and I am using Google music all access or whatever it's called so I save the music I am currently listening to and stream the rest

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I wondered too, but took the risk and bought a 16 GB. After many months I've settled in at around 26% space remaining, but then I only have maybe 50 songs, hundreds of photos but no videos.

It's certainly possible for some of us to get by with only 16 GB, but it's a risk - especially if you're into taking videos.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2