Just got an iPhone 6 128 gb, do I have to make an Apple ID to use all of the features?

I

iMore Question

Just got an iPhone 6 128 gb

Do I have to have or make an Apple ID to use all the features on this iPhone? I don't plan to use iCloud or iTunes I use google drive to upload my photos. I will use my computer to backup my phone. Can I still purchase apps without an id?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just got an iPhone 6 128 gb

You definitely need an Apple ID. It's the same concept as Android needing a Gmail account. Plus the Apple ID keeps track of your purchases in case you get a new device or something.

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Iphone n android are useless without an ID or email!
I use my Gmail and all my contacts stay saved regardless as well as my FB app somehow my people all stay.
Android or IPhone u need an ID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

Same with Windows phones too, everything works better if you reg with a Microsoft account.

kobe008

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site

Since you already have a Google account why don't you go with an Android phone instead?

kobe008

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site

I am not quite sure I follow your logic here. I have an amazon account. Should I get a Fire Phone?

OP sounds like he doesn't want to create an Apple account so since he already has a Google one going with an Android phone would solve his problem.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

OP sounds like he doesn't want to create an Apple account so since he already has a Google one going with an Android phone would solve his problem.

He doesn't want to use iCloud and iTunes. That's not the same as not wanting an Apple account. My cousin loves his iPhone 6 and has an Apple account, but won't touch iCloud. He does use iTunes.

☮

Le Caid

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

He doesn't want to use iCloud and iTunes. That's not the same as not wanting an Apple account. My cousin loves his iPhone 6 and has an Apple account, but won't touch iCloud. He does use iTunes.

☮

I love my iPhone 6 Plus and don't touch iCloud either but use iTunes for backups. Having an Apple account is a plus for facilitating purchases and having a record of all the apps you bought and later discarded!
Also tells me my balance...

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk