Spots on pictures taken with iPhone 6

im_mio

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Every time I try to take a picture in low light conditions with a source of light nearby, one or two green little spots appear on the screen.

What do you think, is it a hardware or software problem?
Did it happened to you?

Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried using an app other than the native camera app, if that's what you're using? Try Camera + and see if you get the same results b

im_mio

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I haven`t tried yet, but i will.
If it still happens should I contact an authorized service?
I mean there isn`t any Apple Store near by :(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven`t tried yet, but i will.
If it still happens should I contact an authorized service?
I mean there isn`t any Apple Store near by :(

Sure, you can, but it would be better at an Apple Store because they could immediately look and see the problem, and more than likely would simply switch out the phone.

Psyclone71

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem on some photo's i have put it down to the reflection off the lenses, see the right hand tree in the example below....

20141229_103626156_iOS.jpg

Is this the same???

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I get same taking pics from inside vehicle. My dash cam has green light and if I forget to cover I get the dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Touch Retouch to fix
db869de2481eb7bbea65736f71c7a915.jpg

im_mio

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes @Psyclone71, it is exactly the same spot.

But it doesn`t appear when i take photos during the day.

I only had this during the night....

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's lens flare...it really just depends on the source of light (not the time of day). It also has to do with the angle that the camera sensor is at when facing said light source. All smart phones do this to a degree...the iPhone happens to employ a sapphire lens over the camera sensor, so the light artifacts come out green. My $2,000 Canon 5D will get these flares if I take photos in certain situations against a light source that is at the right angle.

Hell...JJ Abrams has made an art out of it by artificially applying it to his movies in post, lol!

The only other possible "issue" you're experiencing is light source mirroring (reflection) within the photo. This is another thing that even high end cameras experience...and something that can be easily fixed with a quick photo edit.

There's nothing wrong with your device, they all do it...next time you want to take a picture in similarly lit environments, try adjusting the angle of your device until you don't have the artifacts, OR...post editing.

Last edited:

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It's lens flare...it really just depends on the source of light (not the time of day). It also has to do with the angle that the camera sensor is at when facing said light source. All smart phones do this to a degree...the iPhone happens to employ a sapphire lens over the camera sensor, so the light artifacts come out green. My $2,000 Canon 5D will get these flares if I take photos in certain situations against a light source that is at the right angle.

Hell...JJ Abrams has made an art out of it by artificially applying it to his movies in post, lol!

The only other possible "issue" you're experiencing is light source mirroring (reflection) within the photo. This is another thing that even high end cameras experience...and something that can be easily fixed with a quick photo edit.

There's nothing wrong with your device, they all do it...next time you want to take a picture in similarly lit environments, try adjusting the angle of your device until you don't have the artifacts, OR...post editing.

Good explanation. This the fourth instance I've seen with the dot. Two were daytime two were night all shot from inside vehicle one being my own. I simply shut down, lights off, chargers etc unplugged and couldn't duplicate it.

im_mio

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Sean.

Very good explanation. :)

I tought it happens due to some hardware problems, but it`s all clear now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2