How and why did my purchased ringtone disappear from my iPhone?

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened again AFTER the update. My ringtones are gone and when I try to restore them using iTunes.com/restore-tones from my phone, it says I already restored the tones.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened again AFTER the update. My ringtones are gone and when I try to restore them using iTunes.com/restore-tones from my phone, it says I already restored the tones.

When you restored them, did you sync them to iTunes for safe keeping? If not, you might call iTunes.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
When you restored them, did you sync them to iTunes for safe keeping? If not, you might call iTunes.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Yes I synced them to iTunes after restoring. I'm just going to have to sync my phone again when I get home.

Gerry E

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I don't normally purchase ringtones, but it's Christmas and I wanted a festive tone. Anyway, bought one from the iTunes store, downloaded it and set it as my ringtone. That worked great. Now it's gone, I mean totally gone. All I did last night was reboot the phone. This morning when I got a call it was the old tone. it's not even in my list of purchased items, yet my card got charged.

This looks like a common issue according to the Apple forums. I'm just wondering if anyone here had the problem and if they solved it. Also, how do I get my money back! it's only $1.29 but it's the whole point of it...

Gerry E

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi NickA:

I have had this problem and usually if I simply go to the iTunes store, buy a new ringtone and set it as my default or other ringtone for incoming Text message or other event that this solves my problem and all of my ringtones are restored. It only costs me $0.99 or so and I download something that I like anyway.

Give this a try. This has worked on my iPhones 5 and my newer 6 Plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2