Is This Part Of Apple Pay?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
In the keynote, they demoed paying for online transactions on your phone with your fingerprint, as well as simply saving your Visa card to the phone and the phone remembering the information to avoid inputting it every time you want to order something. Well, I've searched high and low in the phone trying to figure this out, particularly in Passbook, but no luck. So my question is: is this part of Apple Pay and the reason I can't get it to work is because it hasn't been activated yet? I only saw the keynote once but from my memory (which is admittedly horrendous), it seemed to be presented as two separate features.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
In the keynote, they demoed paying for online transactions on your phone with your fingerprint, as well as simply saving your Visa card to the phone and the phone remembering the information to avoid inputting it every time you want to order something. Well, I've searched high and low in the phone trying to figure this out, particularly in Passbook, but no luck. So my question is: is this part of Apple Pay and the reason I can't get it to work is because it hasn't been activated yet? I only saw the keynote once but from my memory (which is admittedly horrendous), it seemed to be presented as two separate features.

It’s not ready. Rumor is it will be launched with iOS 8.1, possibly around the time of the next Apple event (10/16). Though that is rumored to be the iMac, iPad and Yosemite event. Whenever Pay comes, it isn't ready to go yet.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It’s not ready. Rumor is it will be launched with iOS 8.1, possibly around the time of the next Apple event (10/16). Though that is rumored to be the iMac, iPad and Yosemite event. Whenever Pay comes, it isn't ready to go yet.

I know Apple Pay isn't available yet, but my question was whether was I described is or is not part of Apple Pay.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
You can save your credit card info under settings>safari>passwords and autofill>credit cards.
You can take a picture of your card and it will save the info. This only works for buying things online using safari. It is handy though.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
You can save your credit card info under settings>safari>passwords and autofill>credit cards.
You can take a picture of your card and it will save the info. This only works for buying things online using safari. It is handy though.

That's exactly the answer I was looking for! Thank you very much! :)

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
In addition to manually storing your regular card number into iCloud (available in iOS 7), you can take a photo of it (in iOS 8) instead. Neither requires Apple Pay.

However, the feature to use your a secure, one-time use card number representing your card (even for an online purchase) is an Apple Pay feature and thus, isn't available yet. This is the feature that will also integrate with in-app purchases in addition to supported websites.

benji888578

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
What's nice about this, Jake, is that it is stored in iCloud (if you have iCloud Keychain enabled), so you can choose to use this with Safari with other iOS devices or a Mac (w/OS X 10.9 or later) also; goes along with your Apple ID, like everything else iCloud (entered once, use on all). I think this was introduced in iOS 7.0.x or 7.1, (whatever version was released around the time Mavericks OS X 10.9 came out, and iCloud Keychain was fully implemented on iOS & OS X), but, the take a pic of your CC is new (I think).

Later this month or next, iOS 8.1 (or 8.0.?) will add Apple Pay and then it will go into Passbook as well, should be able to add your cards right there in Passbook.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
What's nice about this, Jake, is that it is stored in iCloud (if you have iCloud Keychain enabled), so you can choose to use this with Safari with other iOS devices or a Mac (w/OS X 10.9 or later) also; goes along with your Apple ID, like everything else iCloud (entered once, use on all). I think this was introduced in iOS 7.0.x or 7.1, (whatever version was released around the time Mavericks OS X 10.9 came out, and iCloud Keychain was fully implemented on iOS & OS X), but, the take a pic of your CC is new (I think).

Later this month or next, iOS 8.1 (or 8.0.?) will add Apple Pay and then it will go into Passbook as well, should be able to add your cards right there in Passbook.

I'll give that a try, thank you.