Blackberry 10 keyboard for iOS 8?

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I would also like this. Maybe when BB gets in more dire straights they'll start creating third party keyboards. BBM was like this too. It's the only thing I miss from that OS

Last edited:

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I would like to use the BB10 keyboard. If BBM can go cross platform, hopefully the BB10 keyboard can too

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
so how long before some one copies the blackberry 10 keyboard and let's up use it on iOS 8... Cause I miss it!

Try Fleksy. It's as close as you'll get for now. Not quite there but better than stock iOS keyboard. I, too, miss the BB10 keyboard terribly! I was so fast with it! I hope someone takes a lesson from them and replicates it on iOS.

timmy95

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that iOS will get the BlackBerry keyboard, because it is powered by Swype and Swype will not let BlackBerry make a competing keyboard using their technology.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
BlackBerry should just do it and make it a paid app. It makes sense and would be a smart move on their part. Kind of a no brainer. It's not like any BBRY users would swap to iPhone for this reason. BBRY users are die-hard. However you may see some iPhone users and i use the term "some" lightly jump to BBRY especially with the ability use Android apps on BlackBerry 10 devices.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
BlackBerry should just do it and make it a paid app. It makes sense and would be a smart move on their part. Kind of a no brainer. It's not like any BBRY users would swap to iPhone for this reason. BBRY users are die-hard. However you may see some iPhone users and i use the term "some" lightly jump to BBRY especially with the ability use Android apps on BlackBerry 10 devices.

Move from iOS in order to get less app selection and poor quality? Doesn't seem like a very good reason.

I agree they really have nothing to lose by making their keyboard available, but all they have to gain is the $1 per download that they can likely charge.

mmcfly23

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

I don't understand why bb users think that people are willing to jump to os10 due to android app capability. The experience is nowhere near the same when compared to high end android devices. What are bb users going to do once a lot/majority of android apps move to using Google play services? With that being said, the virtual keyboard on the z10 is pretty good, however it's not enough to persuade me to drop my iOS device at this point. Bb is too far behind (from a 1st party, 3rd party support pov) imo.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why bb users think that people are willing to jump to os10 due to android app capability. The experience is nowhere near the same when compared to high end android devices. What are bb users going to do once a lot/majority of android apps move to using Google play services? With that being said, the virtual keyboard on the z10 is pretty good, however it's not enough to persuade me to drop my iOS device at this point. Bb is too far behind (from a 1st party, 3rd party support pov) imo.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I agree and that's why I said I use the term "some" lightly. That said. Don't get it twisted. BlackBerry 10.3.1 has the Android runtime to flawlessly run Android Apps. Again, I'm not saying the keyboard plus Android apps would lead to Apple users leaving. I'm just saying give BlackBerry credit for making a great OS, recognizing their gaps and closing them. 10.3.1 will do the same for the Z30 and be stock on the upcoming Classic.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree and that's why I said I use the term "some" lightly. That said. Don't get it twisted. BlackBerry 10.3.1 has the Android runtime to flawlessly run Android Apps. Again, I'm not saying the keyboard plus Android apps would lead to Apple users leaving. I'm just saying give BlackBerry credit for making a great OS, recognizing their gaps and closing them. 10.3.1 will do the same for the Z30 and be stock on the upcoming Classic.

I was a LONG time BlackBerry user, still have the Q10 and Z30. While I love my iPhone 6, I will be purchasing the BlackBerry Classic on my second line. And if Android runtime closes the App Gap, who knows...

StikiGreenZ

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
While BlackBerry can run all the android apps, they don't run nearly as smooth as on an Android device. It really is noticeable you're in an emulator environment.

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Dude it is not all that. Amazon apps for BlackBerry are horrible and I'm not giving my info to third party app stores. Last, Blackberry World is full of apps that are either too expensive or just poorly made.

This is why I'm looking into a new OS.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Dude it is not all that. Amazon apps for BlackBerry are horrible and I'm not giving my info to third party app stores. Last, Blackberry World is full of apps that are either too expensive or just poorly made.

This is why I'm looking into a new OS.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Dude, I think you might be reading a bit too much into my message. Was just pointing out a few things as I'm an iPhone user anyway but follow and have experience with all OS's.

That said, 10.3.1 on BBRY has new Android Runtime and runs Android apps better than most Android Devices as most Android Devices are cheap and way behind their own advanced OS and runtime.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
That said, 10.3.1 on BBRY has new Android Runtime and runs Android apps better than most Android Devices as most Android Devices are cheap and way behind their own advanced OS and runtime.

A Ford Taurus is faster than most golf carts. But that really doesn't mean anything since they're not even in the same class. The BB runtime performs noticeably worse than any modern Android phone with even remotely comparable specs. Not to mention the plethora of compatibility problems that exist. Saying most Android devices are cheap is a straw man. People aren't comparing a $600 Blackberry to a $40 Chinese Android phone.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Dude, I think you might be reading a bit too much into my message. Was just pointing out a few things as I'm an iPhone user anyway but follow and have experience with all OS's.

I strongly disagree. Most of the android devices run jellybean and kit kat which neither feels laggy nor cheap. Secondly, BB can never compete with Android or iOS IMHO. I tried BB Z10 and Z30 but had to give it up due to lack of quality apps and that emulator kinda feel when you use any android application. It just feels weird and gimmicky. With that said, I really loved some of the features of BB. I think BB OS is not getting the attention it requires to compete with the modern iOS OS and Android OS. Cheers!

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
So here's my bottom line. There's no right or wrong here. Just opinions and I respect everyone's.

Of course Android is better at running Android apps than BlackBerry is. And yes, BlackBerry falls short with respect to apps in general. BUT it's not nearly as bad as made out to be and additionally 10.3.1 is leaps and bounds better which you more than likely have not seen or used yet.

So while I believe and agree that iPhone has the better apps and ecosystem and Android has better apps as well, I just as strongly believe that BlackBerry has the best Virtual Keyboard and OS with respect to HUB, Peak n Flow, Gestures, etc.

Again, my personal device is an iPhone 6 and going back to my original post I simply stated I thought BBRY should make their Keyboard a paid app.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So here's my bottom line. There's no right or wrong here. Just opinions and I respect everyone's.

Of course Android is better at running Android apps than BlackBerry is. And yes, BlackBerry falls short with respect to apps in general. BUT it's not nearly as bad as made out to be and additionally 10.3.1 is leaps and bounds better which you more than likely have not seen or used yet.

So while I believe and agree that iPhone has the better apps and ecosystem and Android has better apps as well, I just as strongly believe that BlackBerry has the best Virtual Keyboard and OS with respect to HUB, Peak n Flow, Gestures, etc.

Again, my personal device is an iPhone 6 and going back to my original post I simply stated I thought BBRY should make their Keyboard a paid app.

I strongly agree with your post, now. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77