Touch ID Not As Sensitive as iPhone 5s

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the amount of time for the touch ID to recognize your finger and unlock the phone is longer than it was with the iPhone 5s? With my 5s I would just tap my finger to it and it would unlock almost every time. With the 6 I have to leave it on for a longer amount of time.This isn't an iOS 8 issue as my 5s running 8 still unlocks with a quick press..

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the amount of time for the touch ID to recognize your finger and unlock the phone is longer than it was with the iPhone 5s? With my 5s I would just tap my finger to it and it would unlock almost every time. With the 6 I have to leave it on for a longer amount of time.This isn't an iOS 8 issue as my 5s running 8 still unlocks with a quick press..
I would imagine that would be the case due to more security in the 6. But yes, I also feel it is pretty long to unlock the iPhone.

Young Money

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually I've noticed on mine that I haven't had any issues with it not recognizing my finger print, granted I did register the same print twice per finger to ensure it would unlock whichever way I placed my finger on the home button

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
no issues here. seems to be working as well or even slightly faster than my 5S did. I have both thumbs and both index fingers trained and they all work.

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Works the same for me. Keep in mind Touch ID can be slower to read after you first set it up as it continues to learn your finger print.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I don't have a 5s but I do question the reliability of my the Touch ID sensor on my 6. I get fails pretty often and sometimes it takes awhile to scan/unlock.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
May just be it takes awhile to improve?

My 6 has been as reliable as my 5s...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

It is just as reliable, it unlocks it almost every time. It just takes longer to do so than it did with my 5s.

I don't have a 5s but I do question the reliability of my the Touch ID sensor on my 6. I get fails pretty often and sometimes it takes awhile to scan/unlock.

You should go in and do additional finger print training. I know this improved reliability with the 5s.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Glad I never had a 5S so I have nothing to compare to ;)

Touch ID on the 6 seems plenty fast and responsive to me.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
For those that say it is working fast. Can you have it work with literally just a tap of the finger? That is how my 5s worked. Again, I had done a lot of additional training after initial setup but I have done quite a bit on my 6 also.

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Nope. My 6 is instant compared to my 5s. Since they fixed the Touch ID issue back in iOS 7 I've had no problems.

The. People I know who have problems are mostly this Echo didn't set it up properly or over moisturise.

Once I've shown them how to properly set it up, it's s reliable for them as it is for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2