IPhone 6: reviews and first impressions

avokodo

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So far I have been really impressed with my iphone 6 although the battery life leaves a little to be desired. Gets me through the day but barely by the skin of its cheek. Looking at getting the iPhone 6 plus just for the battery life.

KatesMom

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
So... My new baby finally arrived. Yay. So Happy. I'm still surprised how light this thing is. Wow. And so thin, even with a spigen case on it. It's very apple - ish. Love it. It's beautiful. And I got very quick into the iOS world again, still quite used to it. Will play a while with it before I go to bed 😄

ELIMS

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Unable to install Viber, kept coming back with Invalid number. Install only on my iPhone6, NOT iPad. Please help if you know of any solution. Thank you

razjaren

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
hello ..
I use iphone 6 a few days and I am thrilled with this device ..... battery life, screen quality , chic designs mobile phones and fluidity software
sorry for my bad english

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just want to say I got my 6 on the weekend and so far it's been great. Battery life is good, performance is very similar to my 5S and the design is very similar to my 5th gen iPod touch. I still have to get use to the lock button being on the side and the screen size though and get a case for it cause of the protruding camera.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 6 or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Hunter Weston

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
The battery life is notoriously insane. You can't get anything better than this. I am feeling a bit weird by its light weight, can bend if somewhat extra force is exerted. May be its time to appreciate the features, I've not paid for it anyway, got it on rent.!!!

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi,, have you iPhone 6 128Gb version? Have you any problems with the stability of iOS or crashing down the apps? Because I read some forums where some peaple notice the problems with this 128Gb version.. Thanks, Tomas

Phazenine

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
After using my iPhone 6 128gb since launch as my daily driver. I couldn't be happier. Even without jailbreak that I miss so much since 8.2 there's a ton of HDR camera apps on the appstore that make pics unbelievably great. And Enlight's arrival on the appstore for 5$ is the blown away photo editing app we needed. So all the great new apps are making up for my lid of jailbreak but dam I do miss my themes. The iPhone 6 has worked flawlessly for my music, internet, app, call/text , email etc. Needs I'll be keeping mine til iPhone 7 launches

The Hitch

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Must say, i have had my iPhone 6 since the beginning of the year and i am also extremely happy with it. Had the iPhone 4 for 5 years and it really is an upgrade. Unfortunately i dropped it a few weeks ago, no Applecare, so i decided to fix it myself, which went surprisingly well. Got an original screen for about 140 dollars and replaced the broken screen with the help of a YouTube film, superb. Back on track now. Just the only question i have is for a mate of mine in the States. He has also broken his screen (someone threw his phone on the floor in an argument ;-<) and he is also looking to do it himself. As i live in Europe it doesnt make sense to order at the same place i have, as there must be many more places in the States where you can get an original Apple screen. so far i have only found rip offs and cheap stuff. Would like to send him a link where he can order an original online any of you got any clue? Thanks in advance.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My six months with an iPhone 6
After owning an iPhone 6 for six months I must say this has to be the best phone I have ever owned. But with that I will not say that it is perfect and their are things that Apple should address with the refresh.
Software
Let's start with the software. I must say that iOS is very easy to use an very refreshing when coming from android and some of their poorly designed implementations. Navigating through iOS is a breeze everything is laid out logically and their is a very small learning curve. The keyboard is excellent once I turned off the prediction. First party apps have a coherent theme and are well designed. My issues with the software are small but still their. It's time for a refresh of the spring board. This feature has sitting neglected since the first generation iPhone. Sadly this one thing makes an iOS seem dated in my opinion. Their has to be a way Apple can add functionality to the spring board. Can we get an opt in pro mode that allows us more freedom of the spring board. Notification panel also needs some thought, why is communication not two way between the panel and the apps. Better yet how about we pull the today panel out of the notification shade and put that on the spring board. Can we please have a file picker I have no need for full file system access, but the ability to upload something other than a JPEG to the browser would be a huge benefit. The ability to get some information on battery usage is nice, but sadly it's very limited and gives almost no useful information. While I love to know that Facebook is using so much battery give me the tools to diagnose why the app is using so much. Is the app pulling location data, is it refreshing to much in the background. Those are just easy basic things to help people squeeze the most out of our undersized battery( more on that in a moment).
Hardware
Now let me say this clearly and cleanly as possible. This phone is gorgeous and is just the right size In my hand. The camera is top notch Apple has to be the king of post processing. The speaker is great for a single speaker. The fingerprint sensor has made my device more secure simply because I hate passwords patterns and pins. So simply placing my finger on a sensor strikes a great balance between security and convenience. Now on to the negatives. The battery life on my iPhone is pretty bad( sorry it just doesn't have enough capacity to Make it a device I can lean on without fear that it will die on me prematurely). My one hope for the next version is that Apple can somehow fit a 2100mah cell in it.
Day to day performance.
Let me get this out their. With the A8 and a8x soc Apple is in a league of their own. This processor package is a monster. It is what everyone should strive to, it's fast efficient and can do its work without running into thermal issues. But as great as the A8 is that's how bad of a decision it was to stick with 1gb of ram in the 6 and 6+. I've heard every excuse in the books. The phone was designed this way, the browser refresh is due to the browser and not hardware. Sorry but those are bad responses in my book. Everyone hammered swing for their lag, lg for ugly design and lag, htc for their camera software. Yet we sit idly by and give Apple a pass for browser refreshes, the camera kicking everything out of ram. These are issues that were present with the iPhone 5s. If I were to guess the IP6 has this amount to leave room for the IP6s. With apples resources I expect better, with Apple's prices we should see better. Other than that the everyday performance is great this phone handles my daily usage without issue or pause. The 750p display is great I think it strikes the perfect balance between size, resolution, and battery usage.
Conclusion
With all that said I still feel the iPhone 6 is the best non phablet device on the market. It is a great overall device. Their is nothing that this phone is bad at. The software may not be perfect nor is the hardware, I don't expect them to be. Everyone has an opinion just like everyone has a ( I better not say the end) but you know we're I was going. I have recommended this phone to friends and will continue to do so. It fits my needs as of now. Sadly the iPhone 6+ is not a phone that I could recommend to everyone yes i know it is better than the iPhone 6 but sadly I don't feel as if Apple took advantage of the larger screen size as they should have and their are better alternatives out their( note 4) until Apple can add more than a rotating springboard and split view the 6+ is a waste of money. You would be better off spending the extra 100 on a nice case and back-up battery pack. Sadly Apple has failed to see samsung's true strategy. The regular Galaxy is never the flagship device it was alway the device to draw in Apple converts. The note is were Samsung gave their best from hardware to software and always gave you enough to justify the additional cost. For your $100 you would get higher base storage a bigger battery( better battery life), more features hardware and software. In my opinion Apple just threw a device out their at that screen size and it sold simply because of the logo in the back. But hey that's my opinion. Take it for what it is agree or not I really don't care. Personally I have no loyalty to Apple Google Microsoft or anyone, I see it as the opposite they have to work for my business. All cards on the table I still believe webos had a better design and layout than iOS or android.

john eustice

May 4, 2015
Visit site
have had my new iphone6 for three weeks now and starting to love it more and more every day. moving from a Nokia 635 to this one. still have alot to learn but looking forward to it