Iphone 6 or Galaxy Note 4? Persuade me.

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have primarily iOS devices but always keep and Android device around for comparison. The past few months I've used the 2nd Gen Nexus 7. In comparison I am seriously disappointed with Android:
- Much slower screen response. Why oh why is a quad core Nexus flagship still stuttering when trying to scroll web pages?
- Much slower gaming. I play some of the same games on an iPad Air and the Nexus. The Nexus is PAINFULLY slower. You may not realize it until you compare.
- Malware. The android OS is unprotected and very susceptible to malware given how open it is for 3rd party apps to do almost anything with the device.
- A large fraction of the apps I want to get say they are not compatible with my device on the App store. Still big problems with fragmentation.
- Cheap construction compared to Apple devices.
- Poor android resale. I resold an iPhone 4s and a Galaxy Nexus on ebay at the same time. Same gen phones dame out at the same time. The 4S got me $200, the Samsung $80.
- Android OS has always been unstable. Its getting better, but my Nexus still randomly reboots about once a day. Its a well documented problem on androidcentral.com
- The awesome way iOS devices talk to each other, especially with Continuity in iOS8 and Yosemite. Google has nothing that works nearly as well.

And the best for last:
I am Apple's customer. They make devices to make me happy and secure.

Advertisers are Google's customers. They make devices to make advertisers happy. My happiness and security is secondary to them (at best)

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
How do we know what you want? Make your own decision. It's not our job to 'persuade' you. Just flip a coin and be done here.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
If you use your S-pen at all with your current Note and you don't mind TouchWiz you should go with the Note 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Aaron Starr

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
To the OP you kinda set yourself up to be bash along with others. You decide to post a thread asking "Should i get the Note 4 or iPhone 6" in a pro-iPhone forum. As if 90% of the people here aren't going to choose the iPhone since well umm its a forum dedicated to Apple products. Same vice versa. If you go into Microsoft store and ask them which is better a iPad or Surface they are just going to say the Surface because its a Microsoft store. Microsoft isn't going to downgrade themselves and say our product sucks. Even tho half the people here are Apple fans its no denying Apple is playing catch up tho with other companies.

But i suggest you wait and try both out in the store and make your decision there.

rnd0209

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
This is my first post here on iMore "hello everyone :)".

Well all I want to say is these few words to help you (OP) with your decision.

Build Quality
App Quality
Updates
RESALE VALUE!

Samsung has made some great innovations but they make the most bland, low quality hardware and laggy OS I've ever seen.

Its ultimately up to you. But I'm going with the american owned company!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Build Quality
App Quality
Updates
RESALE VALUE!

Samsung has made some great innovations but they make the most bland, low quality hardware and laggy OS I've ever seen.

Couldn't agree more, especially with the bland, low quality hardware point.

Oh and welcome to iMore! :)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Build Quality
App Quality
Updates
RESALE VALUE!

Welcome to iMore!

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Why the iPhone?

Build quality.
Touchscreen responsiveness.
First crack at neat new apps, because iPhone owners spend more on apps, period.
Simple to maintain.

If those factors don't persuade, then Android is clearly more suitable for the user in question.

But I've tried to go to Android in the past, and the lagginess of it and the need for constant maintenance wore on me. You get what you pay for. (Even "premium" Android devices have these issues. My Xperia Tablet Z is far less responsive than my iPad, but I keep it for reading in/near water.)

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Why the iPhone? Because you want an iPhone quite honestly.... Why a dodge, why a chev, why a ford? Cause you prefer the features the one has over the other. There is no ultimate phone out there... You either like the features apple has or you can go over to android. It's really your decision based on your wants and needs.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77