Will You Rearrange Your Home Screen For iP6?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've never used a phone bigger than my 5. It seems that with a larger screen, I may arrange my apps differently. I'll be holding it a different way and using my thumb more. I think. Do you think you might rearrange your apps for the iP6? It seems the upper left quadrant would be best for those most used apps.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'll definitely change the configuration to something like my rMini has right now. The iPhone 6 should have the same amout of rows and columns as my rMini, so it shouldn't look radically different from what I have right now :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Most certainly...but here's an interesting question, will the larger real estate finally start making the iPhone loyalists more inclined to wanting "widgets" similar to what you find on many large screened Android devices?

Would an animated widget of weather, clocks or news on the home screen balance the real estate with the normal app squares we're used to?

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I certainly hope Apple does something with the larger screen real estate. Seems silly to just stick with the whole grid layout and not take advantage of the bigger screen.

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I certainly hope Apple does something with the larger screen real estate. Seems silly to just stick with the whole grid layout and not take advantage of the bigger screen.

My thoughts exactly. If not, I'll wait for the jailbreak and install at least a five-column springboard, shrink my icons a bit, and install Infinidock so I can have a horizontally scrollable dock. I've done this with most of my iPhones.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have mixed emotions regarding widgets. I personally never used them on android devices I owned yet can see why many would. I would be happier if I was allowed to place the icons where I choose. I'd Iike to be able to have one vertical row on the far right If I choose.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I will stick to my reverse-L icon layout (I am a righty). Albeit with some modifications dictated by the larger screen.

I am a big Launch Center Pro user along with Contact Center.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Most certainly...but here's an interesting question, will the larger real estate finally start making the iPhone loyalists more inclined to wanting "widgets" similar to what you find on many large screened Android devices?

Would an animated widget of weather, clocks or news on the home screen balance the real estate with the normal app squares we're used to?

In my Android experiences I've basically used one widget on the home screen. Clock and weather and then everything else app icons. Even on the other screens. Just pure app icons. Funny thing is that when I went to a 5.7" screen on a Note 3, I just started using nothing but app icons and pretty much no widgets and I liked it a lot.

I think I'm going to like having an extra row and column if that's what a 5.5" screen gets. I like having apps that I use most to just be there without a ton of scrolling an opening folders.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I use three widgets on my HTC One M7 homescreen. Time/date, battery usage stats and my data/call plan usage limits.

Screenshot_2013-10-27-21-27-01.png

I don't particularly care for widgets either way but I do like having the info immediately on my homescreen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2