Two phones being released per Tmobile

Danny Olivo

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So I went in to return my iphone test drive today that tmobile is doing, and the sales rep there told me that they have heard that apple will release two phones this year. First of all, do carriers get info like that ? Also , if it's creditable info, what two phones will they release ?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Carriers usually don't get that kind of info, but...

It's rumored that they will have a 4.7" and a 5.5" phone released this year. These will come in Space Gray, Silver, and Gold again and have 16/32/64 GB sizes is what pretty much all of the analysts are reporting.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So I went in to return my iphone test drive today that tmobile is doing, and the sales rep there told me that they have heard that apple will release two phones this year. First of all, do carriers get info like that ? Also , if it's creditable info, what two phones will they release ?

It certainly isn't a secret unless you’ve been living in a cave or under a rock for the past couple of months. It’s been rumored for some time now that Apple is releasing a 4.7" and 5.5" version of the iPhone 6, and the various parts for both models are being leaked. T-Mobile wasn't breaking any news with that statement.

Danny Olivo

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I realize that with all the leaks and rumors, it's most likely we'll see two phones. So this rep is just saying what they believe will happen, since they really don't have access to that kind of info ?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I realize that with all the leaks and rumors, it's most likely we'll see two phones. So this rep is just saying what they believe will happen, since they really don't have access to that kind of info ?

It?s extremely unlikely that a customer-facing sales rep (lowest spot on the corporate "food chain") would have that kind of information from an official source, especially this far out, since Apple has yet to announce anything. My guess is that he was passing on the same rumored info that we have all seen/read.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
My bet is he is a member on a forum or follows blogs. Thus having info.. Most and I mean most consumers don't follow phone news of any kind... So some may seem excited that their provider has this info.

Grafixx01

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Talked with someone at VZW HQ the other day, they said their system shows two models, ranging from 16-64GB, with a release date of Aug 15-25th 2014.Told me their training on the device is scheduled the week after July 4th.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Talked with someone at VZW HQ the other day, they said their system shows two models, ranging from 16-64GB, with a release date of Aug 15-25th 2014.Told me their training on the device is scheduled the week after July 4th.

I’ll believe in an August release date when Apple tells me the new phones will release in August.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I obviously have no way of knowing any more insider information than anyone else, but I really find it difficult to believe that device training will occur prior to the device even going into production. Nor do I see it going on a world-wide release several weeks after production is set to begin. But again, I don't have anything to back up my thoughts other than precedence. I would LOVE to be wrong.

Last edited:

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I highly doubt an August launch. Apple hasn't broken from their product launch cycles in 3 years or so.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I would put as much faith in a in store rep as some Joe Schmo out in the street, they are the last ones to know and often times know after regular people do. (I knew more from reading sites like this than the carrier reps did for devices that were launching/going to be coming soon)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Find that hard to believe simply for the fact of them just kicking it up in production beginning in July. Apple already needs months and still can't meet demand, imagine if they launch it mere weeks after how long the wait would be to get one.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Find that hard to believe simply for the fact of them just kicking it up in production beginning in July. Apple already needs months and still can't meet demand, imagine if they launch it mere weeks after how long the wait would be to get one.

Exactly, we don't need another Gold iPhone 5s situation on our hands.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2